Escobar on the DL retro active to April 9. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Escobar on the DL retro active to April 9.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Escobar on the DL retro active to April 9.

Postby Justblaze » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:55 pm

One of the most underrated pitchers in the game, IMO. I always nab him in the 20+ rounds in 10 team leagues. But yet, here is the reason why people always overlook him. And I'm beginning to believe rightfully so. So glad I benched him against Schilling (I have them both with weekly lineups). Hope the Shoulder problem is minor. Surprised the Angels kept it quiet until today.

From Rotoworld:
Angels placed RHP Kelvim Escobar on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to April 9, due to right shoulder irritation.
It's always something. What we don't get is what the Angels felt they had to gain from keeping it quiet. Hector Carrasco will start in Escobar's place on Saturday, but he'll likely return to the pen after the game. This should mean that Dustin Moseley will make at least one or two more starts before getting bumped by the return of either Escobar or Bartolo Colon.
Last edited by Justblaze on Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Field » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:57 pm

LINK?
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby JoshExley » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:18 pm

JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Young 8 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:19 pm

WHAT ?????????

great

V Mart out
Glaus out
Zambrano sucks

jesus....................... :-t
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MiggyT » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:40 pm

Anyone know how long it takes Yahoo to place players on the DL? I wanna pick up Tim Hudson before his next start on Sunday, and hoping they allow Escobar to be placed on the DL soon.
MiggyT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazing Oopah » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:40 pm

crap... Greinke better still be there :-o :-[

no he won't :~(
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby colt4523 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:43 pm

:-t
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby The Big Train » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:41 am

BOSTON — A pinch in the front of Kelvim Escobar's throwing shoulder shouldn't put the Angels in a bind. Though Escobar was put on the 15-day disabled list Friday, Jered Weaver is set to be activated Monday, and Dustin Moseley, who has turned in two excellent starts, will fill out the rotation for another week or so.

But the Angels have to be concerned about the growing list of injuries that have derailed Escobar, who is in the first year of a three-year, $28.5-million contract and has been on the DL five times in the last three seasons.

Escobar underwent surgery to remove bone chips in his elbow in 2005, and he went on the DL because of elbow irritation in 2006. He's been slowed by tendinitis in his left knee since the beginning of last season.

The right-hander's elbow and knee felt good entering this season, but he felt "a pinch" in his shoulder while throwing a split-fingered fastball to strike out Mike Piazza in the first inning last Sunday.

Escobar remained in the game, giving up two runs and eight hits in six innings of a 2-1 loss to the A's, but he felt too much discomfort to throw in the bullpen between starts and was put on the DL "as a precaution," Manager Mike Scioscia said.

"I told them I didn't want to go on the DL, that I'd only have to miss one game, and then I should be fine," Escobar said. "Fifteen days is going to be too much…. I don't think it's anything serious, but they want to be careful."

Escobar, who was scheduled to start today against the Red Sox, was examined Thursday in Milwaukee by Dr. William Raasch, the Brewers' orthopedist, who diagnosed Escobar with tendinitis and determined an MRI test was not necessary. Escobar is tentatively scheduled to return April 25 against Tampa Bay.

Reliever Hector Carrasco will start today, and Greg Jones was recalled from triple-A Salt Lake to bolster the bullpen.

"I've been on the DL a few times, but I've always been able to rebound and pitch in the same year," Escobar said. "I have a lot of innings left in this arm. I should be fine. The only thing I'm upset about is I hate going on the DL."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ang ... crosspromo
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates