Aramis Ramirez - OUT today - bad paw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Aramis Ramirez - OUT today - bad paw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chiswede » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:24 pm

Yahoo's news right now says he hopes to be back "in several days". I'd say Wednesday at the earliest, but I'm sitting him down this week.
10 Team Yahoo Private League Record
2003-1st
2004-1st
2005-2nd
2006-1st
2007-1st
2008-1st
2009-8th
2010-2nd
2011-10th
chiswede
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 240
Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago

Postby Ditka311 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:28 pm

Every year A Ram gets hurt. I can't say I am surprised.
Ditka311
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 483
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: South Side

Postby chiswede » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:36 pm

During the game, Len just said Aramis "may be, may be, ready for tomorrow night's game against the Padres." So maybe it's not a 3 day injury. He hasn't played since Tuesday, so that's nearly a week of rest. Now I don't know what to do.

I've got Freddy Sanchez in at 3rd, but I could put Teahen in instead and hope he pulls out of his slump. Or play A-Ram and hope he's actually in all week. Anyone got any advice?
10 Team Yahoo Private League Record
2003-1st
2004-1st
2005-2nd
2006-1st
2007-1st
2008-1st
2009-8th
2010-2nd
2011-10th
chiswede
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 240
Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago

Postby jdsun1 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:40 pm

chiswede wrote:During the game, Len just said Aramis "may be, may be, ready for tomorrow night's game against the Padres." So maybe it's not a 3 day injury. He hasn't played since Tuesday, so that's nearly a week of rest. Now I don't know what to do.

I've got Freddy Sanchez in at 3rd, but I could put Teahen in instead and hope he pulls out of his slump. Or play A-Ram and hope he's actually in all week. Anyone got any advice?


Im going to roll the dice and play duncan over dunn and gordon over aram...i wish they would wait until aram is 100%
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1075
Joined: 5 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chicago RedSox » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:00 pm

He's my only 3B. I wish they'd DL him if they're not going to play him. They way I could pick up another 3B without having to drop anyone.
What other players in the MLB have wrist tendinitis issues?
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1436
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: SanDiego

Postby jfg » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:50 pm

Chicago RedSox wrote:He's my only 3B. I wish they'd DL him if they're not going to play him. They way I could pick up another 3B without having to drop anyone.
What other players in the MLB have wrist tendinitis issues?


If they DL him you're out one of your top picks for a little less than 2 weeks at least. I wouldn't be wishing for that. They could make it retroactive but only a couple days so if they put him on the DL today he'd be out for around 13 days.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6078
(Past Year: 85)
Joined: 4 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chiswede » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:45 pm

Pinella actually said today that he was "hopefully optimistic" he'd play to tomorrow. I don't care what Pinella says, he's staying put on my bench this week.
10 Team Yahoo Private League Record
2003-1st
2004-1st
2005-2nd
2006-1st
2007-1st
2008-1st
2009-8th
2010-2nd
2011-10th
chiswede
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 240
Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago

Postby BMcP » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am

A-Ram says his wrist has been hurting for the last month and a half - but if he put up the numbers he did from ST + 1st wk while battling a sore wrist, then matters could be worse. I think the key now is to take it easy and make sure not to aggravate it: shots and perhaps an extra day off each week.

This sucks, though, because with Bill Hall, Teahen and Gordon on my bench, I really don't want to remove him from my lineup! :~(
BMcP
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 326
Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:45 am

BMcP wrote:A-Ram says his wrist has been hurting for the last month and a half - but if he put up the numbers he did from ST + 1st wk while battling a sore wrist, then matters could be worse. I think the key now is to take it easy and make sure not to aggravate it: shots and perhaps an extra day off each week.

This sucks, though, because with Bill Hall, Teahen and Gordon on my bench, I really don't want to remove him from my lineup! :~(


I can't find the quote but aramis sounded like he was very close to returning. Something to the affect of it's gone down and I can't do any more damage to it.
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7316
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: katy, texas

Postby checkers » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:09 am

Are you Ramirez's owners starting him this week? 8-o
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1247
Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact