Aaron Hill (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Aaron Hill (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:51 pm

I had him as a backup in my 14-teamer. Furcal went down, Hill went in, and the rest is pleasant history.

;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby rippz » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:04 pm

He does have some pop. Probably 20HRs tops this year but he has the potential to hit for a great average and the Jays lineup will give him lots of RBI opps. Could be a Kent type 2nd Baseman with a little less pop.
rippz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:05 pm

rippz wrote:He does have some pop. Probably 20HRs tops this year but he has the potential to hit for a great average and the Jays lineup will give him lots of RBI opps. Could be a Kent type 2nd Baseman with a little less pop.

If you think he has the ability to hit for plus average while hitting 20 dingers from a MI position, you better have drafted him as a starter.

I drafted him for the average, because good average plus dual-eligibility makes for good bench. If I get 10 HRs from the boy, he's blow away my expectations.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby rippz » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:11 pm

Not saying he will get 20HR. He could though and his average is for real. He is worthy of at least a bench spot in most leagues. I doubt he will ever be a top 5 2B though. I can see a Cantu/Uggla season out of him this year but with less power.
rippz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Doughhead » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:27 pm

I think he's definitely for real. He was a high draft pick and he's been getting more and more experience the last couple of years. When you watch him play, you can tell he's a ballplayer. He seems like a pretty savvy hitter for a guy his age and looks to be developing extra base power.

He's shown signs of streakiness in the past and he's still quite young, so I think he will be up and down. However, he definitely has the potential to be a 20 HR, .300 average guy--maybe not this year, but soon. This year, I would say 12-15 HRs, .275-.285, 65-70 runs, 65-70 RBI.
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby KOSTAS » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:53 pm

I think many posters are seriously underrating Hill. Scouts have believe all long (Ricciardi included) that Hill would eventually develop 20 HR power. He makes great contact and is just now getting comfortable in a full time everyday roll.

I think Aaron Hill could very well follow the growth curve of Michael Young who also did not have a ton of power coming out of the minors and had very little speed. That worked out pretty well...

Look for Hill to get 15-17 HR this year with his 20+ breakout next year. Who cares about speed when your 2B gives you 20 bombs, tons of runs and a healthy OPS?
KOSTAS
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mweir145 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:53 pm

Doughhead wrote:I think he's definitely for real. He was a high draft pick and he's been getting more and more experience the last couple of years. When you watch him play, you can tell he's a ballplayer. He seems like a pretty savvy hitter for a guy his age and looks to be developing extra base power.

He's shown signs of streakiness in the past and he's still quite young, so I think he will be up and down. However, he definitely has the potential to be a 20 HR, .300 average guy--maybe not this year, but soon. This year, I would say 12-15 HRs, .275-.285, 65-70 runs, 65-70 RBI.

I think he'll get those numbers this year, but he'll hit .300. ;-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Carey Saders » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:57 pm

My friend John Hudgins (AAA pitcher for the Padres) said that he and Freddy Sanchez were the toughest outs he faced in the minors. Course, real life baseball is different than fantasy. He doesn't steal and won't hit for tons of power (though he will have doubles).
Carey Saders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby crimson knuckles » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:20 pm

Im using him as a replacement for Troy Glaus, who seems to be on the verge of a 15 day trip to the dl...hoping for the best
crimson knuckles
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers