I hate waivers & trade vetoes... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I hate waivers & trade vetoes...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I hate waivers & trade vetoes...

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:00 pm

elltrain22 wrote:It didn't stop there, recently, I put a waiver request on a couple diff' players last year and lost out to managers that rarely even check their team.

:-b
Rubber Game Roster
ImageImage
whoseyourdaddy12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Mission: break the curse of the Chicago Cubs in Rubber Game

Postby great gretzky » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:04 pm

obviously they check enough to put in a claim...
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:54 pm

My main league has a 1 day waiver window and I think this is a great length. It rewards those who are active daily, and are on top of things but the waiver system is still in place and you don't have to wait a few days like other leagues.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:01 pm

As others have said, not having waivers is just plain crazy. Learn to use and manage your waiver claims and then while you'll still miss out occasionally to someone with a higher priority, you'll still land some helpful players. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: I hate waivers & trade vetoes...

Postby jake_harv88 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:18 pm

elltrain22 wrote:...Seriously, this has happened 3 times to me already this year--last one Howard & Upton (to me)>>DeeLee & Kinsler (to them). It didn't stop there, recently, I put a waiver request on a couple diff' players last year and lost out to managers that rarely even check their team....

This isn't exactly a "fair" trade. D. lee has largely gotten buy off of one amazing year. Yes i agree i think hes a great hitter, just by watching him you know he has great potential. However I have ALOT more confidence in howard to come close to repeating his numbers from last year than Dlee to repeat his numbers of two years ago. Kinsler is not a huge upgrade over Upton given upton's added position eligibility and ability to steal more bases than kinsler. I wouldn't necessarily say it vetoable but its not exactly fair and i think peopl ehave an argument to veto. Waivers are definatelya necessity, and i find it makes things more exciting sometimes cause you never know if you are going to get the player or not. If you dont like the veto button go with commish vetoes, it will probably do you better than no vetoes at all...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby rainman23 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:50 pm

I'm completely in favor of horrible deals being vetoed (that's right, throw your tomatoes), but this trade doesn't come close to being veto-worthy. But that doesn't make the original post any less bizarre. Going off on a waiver process? Crazy...
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cwrtlm » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:04 pm

1 day waivers seem the best. Like said above it encourages guys to keep up with the league and rewards those who do keep up. Also it allows you to get your guys quicker than having to wait around for like 3 days to get your guys.
cwrtlm
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Charette » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:19 pm

Waivers is the fairest thing that exists. It also has different strategies. It's a great thing. As far as trades, It should be the teams that have the right to veto.
As far as your trade that was rejected, be thankful. I think Lee will have a better year than Howard.
Dan Charette
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby citti34 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:41 pm

Boo this man. :-D
citti34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tgalv » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:04 pm

you sound like one of those commisioners with no life or sense of fair play who just wants to rig the league to his liking
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers