I hate waivers & trade vetoes... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I hate waivers & trade vetoes...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I hate waivers & trade vetoes...

Postby elltrain22 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:17 am

Normally, I am commish my own leagues, and I do this b/c I always enact my own settings. I always, for every league & every sport, have no waivers & no trade protests. Now, some of you may say that is crazy, people might cheat, blah, blah, blah... In my experience in reg. leagues w/ trade vetoes & waivers, crazy stuff happens anyways. Stuff like--very doable trades vetoed basically b/c bad teams are hatin on good teams (like mine). Seriously, this has happened 3 times to me already this year--last one Howard & Upton (to me)>>DeeLee & Kinsler (to them). It didn't stop there, recently, I put a waiver request on a couple diff' players last year and lost out to managers that rarely even check their team.

This is the last league I play in w/ waivers & trade protests. Some of you might say how does this work for you. I usually get 5-6 of my friends from other leagues that have experience w/ it, and the rest usually adapt, and end up liking it better.
elltrain22
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:24 am

what wrong with waivers? its not like the process can be manipulated as with trade vetos. leagues with no waivers and only FAs just reward losers who sit at the computer all day with a quick trigger finger.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby BigMusky » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:55 am

I think you need commish vetoing to prevent really crazy stuff...but league votes are retarded. Idiots veto stuff just to prevent good teams from getting better.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby bigken117 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:57 am

No waivers is one of the worst things you can do for a fantasy league. So the guy who spends the most time in front of his computer gets all the FA's he wants minutes after they're dropped? I wouldn't play in a no waivers league.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:15 am

bigken117 wrote:No waivers is one of the worst things you can do for a fantasy league. So the guy who spends the most time in front of his computer gets all the FA's he wants minutes after they're dropped? I wouldn't play in a no waivers league.

Neither would I, no waivers is a pretty bad idea. Everyone deserves a fair chance at the FA's.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby BigMusky » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:27 am

one of the hidden features of Fox Sports is there waiver system did not start until the first game, and someone decided to drop a really good 3b (I am too embarrassed to say who) and he was picked up 10 minutes later by someone else. That is pretty lame.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Coppermine » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:54 am

My suggestion is to tell those haters to stop hatin'
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: I hate waivers & trade vetoes...

Postby akula » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:20 am

elltrain22 wrote: It didn't stop there, recently, I put a waiver request on a couple diff' players last year and lost out to managers that rarely even check their team.

so because YOU had low waiver priority and got beaten by guys with higher priority, u don't like waiver at all? :-t

and because YOUR 'fair' trades were rejected, you are against trade protest as well?

you are probably one of the most self centered guys I've seen. The whole post is about your self.
akula
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:23 pm

A league, as described by the original poster, would be utter nonsense.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby TheRock » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:43 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:A league, as described by the original poster, would be utter nonsense.

Yeah, but it would be a cheater's paradise. Just set up your league, invite some friends, and draft yourself two teams. Then start trading all the good players from one team to the other. If people start bitching because of your a$$-monkey trades, just wait til nobody else is around and drop players from one team and pick them up with the other. Then when they complain you can call them jealous of your superior team.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 8)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers