This is a decent team off to a slow start, right? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

This is a decent team off to a slow start, right?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

This is a decent team off to a slow start, right?

Postby bongovt » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:08 am

Came out of the draft loving this team, but stuck in 7th of 9 teams...just a slow start, right? Some guys I picked up on speculation only, and they are my bench right now (Gordon, Broxton, Hamilton, Owens)...and have a WW claim on Furcal to drop K.Matsui...I know most of my SBs are on the DL, but this team will be ok, right? whir....thanks...
CBS 9 team 5x5 roto(OBP,R,HR,RBI,SB--W,K, ERA, S,WHIP) big roster--23 active, 6 bench, 1 DL slot, anyone can DH
C-Posada
1B-Berkman (of), Jacobs
2B-Kinsler, K. Matsui
SS-Jeter, F. Lopez, Hall
3B-A. Rodriguez, Gordon
DH-Giambi(1b)
OF-A. Jones, Abreu, Dye, Burrell,
Sosa, Hamilton
SP-Zambrano, Sabathia, E. Santana, Cain
Lowe, Millwood, Igawa
RP-Hoffman, Isringhausen, Owens, Otsuka,
Broxton
DL-Figgins
"If you don't like my fire, then don't come around...'cuz I'm gonna burn one down...yes I'm gonna burn one down!"--Ben Harper
bongovt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TopHatCat » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:21 am

You'll be fine, I think your team is solid.

I would swap out Giambi for Furcal (if your claim goes through) and Figgins for Dye for your 3rd OF (when figs is off the DL). Those two, combined with Jeter and Abreu should get you a pretty good finish in SB's (your weakest stat with your current lineup).

Giambi and Andruw are both low average guys, one is enough and Andruw is better.

Once Dye starts to hit again you'll have a better idea of whether you need Furcal/Figgins speed or Dye's power and then trade accordingly.

Also, dump Sosa, I really don't think he's going to do much of anything this year.

Your pitching looks good, not awesome, but perfectly servicable. I wouldn't tinker too much with it.
TopHatCat
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby tianyi86 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:18 am

Do not drop Giambi. He has nice trade value and can net you someone whos a much base stealer than Kaz Matsui (freel is pretty much a guarantee).

Plus theres obp in this league, which bumps giambi even more.

Idk why people are suggesting dropping top 10 round players :-t

And plus, if you want to drop a power guy whos hurting you in avg drop Sosa. He has lower hr and rbi ceiling than Giambi, and will bat a lower avg.

Flip Kaz matsui for furcal. If you really want matsuis stls, flip Sosa then.
tianyi86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby TopHatCat » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:35 am

I didn't suggest he drop Giambi, I said to swap him out - besides, Giambi is slumping right now.

Also, it's doubtful he's actually playing Sosa over A. Jones, Abreu, or Dye so he's not hurting his stats directly. He's just taking up a roster spot right now that could go towards a better player.
TopHatCat
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team