Durham - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Durham

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat May 05, 2007 8:09 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Sonnestine with another solid outing last night.

Raiders did u get to see it?




Nah, haven't been to see them in 2 weeks. Hopefully the next homestand, I can catch a few.
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu May 17, 2007 10:53 am

Raiders--

You think Sonnestine is ready to come up yet? I am thinking we move Fossum to the pen b/c he is horrible after the first couple innings and it gives us a lefty. That would open a spot and from what i see Sonnestine is the most ready to come up.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby jlm53089 » Thu May 17, 2007 1:58 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Raiders--

You think Sonnestine is ready to come up yet? I am thinking we move Fossum to the pen b/c he is horrible after the first couple innings and it gives us a lefty. That would open a spot and from what i see Sonnestine is the most ready to come up.


ive been saying that all year about fossum

and another ? do you think jae seo can hold up his qualty starts like his last outting
Image
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3058
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tampa, praying for a new stadium.

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu May 17, 2007 2:13 pm

jlm53089 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Raiders--

You think Sonnestine is ready to come up yet? I am thinking we move Fossum to the pen b/c he is horrible after the first couple innings and it gives us a lefty. That would open a spot and from what i see Sonnestine is the most ready to come up.


ive been saying that all year about fossum

and another ? do you think jae seo can hold up his qualty starts like his last outting


He is so hit or miss. I think the move now is put fossum in the pen and be the lefty specialist, and call up Sonnastine. Sonn is the most ready, let him gain experiance and get Fossum into the pen as a lefty specialist. Fossum does well the first time through, but when they get his timing down they tee off on him
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: Durham

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:47 pm

So since going back to Durham Orvella said he threw out everything Butcher told him last year and went back to his old motion, since than:

7.2 IP 1 H 2 BB 9 K
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: Durham

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:06 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:So since going back to Durham Orvella said he threw out everything Butcher told him last year and went back to his old motion, since than:

7.2 IP 1 H 2 BB 9 K



I would love to see the Orvella of 05 visit the Trop. ;D
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Re: Durham

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:23 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:So since going back to Durham Orvella said he threw out everything Butcher told him last year and went back to his old motion, since than:

7.2 IP 1 H 2 BB 9 K



I would love to see the Orvella of 05 visit the Trop. ;D



As would I. I am surprised they had not have him going back to his old motion before this. It was obvious that Butcher destroyed him. Problem is that he wont be given a chance for a while b/c they already had him up and he did not pitch well. :/
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: Durham

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:23 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

I would love to see the Orvella of 05 visit the Trop. ;D



As would I. I am surprised they had not have him going back to his old motion before this. It was obvious that Butcher destroyed him. Problem is that he wont be given a chance for a while b/c they already had him up and he did not pitch well. :/



Honestly he probably does not need to show back up in Tampa before September. His confidence has been destroyed at the major league level. I don't know if a revert to 05 form will help his major league numbers, but it definitely can not hurt to try. I imagine he gets a shot in September and if he fails, he will probably be gone from the organization this offseason.
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Re: Durham

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:10 pm

Raiders

you get to see Upton while he is in Durham?
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: Durham

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:41 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Raiders

you get to see Upton while he is in Durham?



Nah. I have not been to a ball game at Durham or Kinston in a few weeks. Try to catch the recaps on the news at night, but this dang house remodel is keeping me from going to the games live and in person.
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Previous

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact