Albert Pujols - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Albert Pujols

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Triad » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:08 pm

Pujols is simply slumping and not making good contact.
The 3 hits he collected against the Pirates, 1 was a flyball misjudged by Bay, 1 was an eye-seeing ground ball and the last one was a slow grounder infield-hit, none of them were hit hard. That being said, most hitters in this series were affected by the cold weather.

Overall, I think Albert is just trying too hard and putting too much pressure on himself. But when you have Spiezio batting behind you.........
The Triad
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:16 pm

He's just not making good contact. He is hitting more ground balls and his BABIP is way down. He's still K'ing at his career levels so he will be fine.

http://www.fangraphs.com/graphs.aspx?pl ... &type=full
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jealousblues » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:42 pm

Yoda wrote:
jealousblues wrote:How is the line up better this year?

Eck
Duncan (only hald the time)
Pujols
Rolen (hitting under .200)
Preston Wilson/Scott Spezio (need I say more?)
Edmonds (barley over .200, no rbi, no HR)
Molina
Kennedy
Pitcher

Jaun is hurt, half the time we have WIlson and Taguchi out there. Neither should be starting much less both.
Duncan is the only guy showing any power right now and he sits against lefties (mostly so far)

Believe me you are not missing much offense without Encarnacion. That lineup is more or less the same as last season. Except Edmonds is actually healthy this year. You need more than 1 1/2 week of sample to determine that there is something seriously wrong with Pujols. I can't believe people are still debating that point.

I dont know an almost garunteed .270, 20 HR 70-80 or so RBI
Which is better than a So Taguchi or Wilson right not.
Edmonds and Rolen are terrible right now (just saying right now)

also im NOT saying anything is "wrong" with Pujols, just saying...
this is what why he isnt hitting. Once he relaxes he will hit better, it just seems he isnt getting a lot to hit and is overcompensating for his line up.
ANd I still dont buy Edmonds is healthy, just look at him. He is getting over two surgeries and missed most of spring training.
IM NOT PREDICTING DOOM AND GLOOM FOR PUJOLS ALL YEAR.
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Re: Albert Pujols

Postby jealousblues » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:45 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
shoelessjoetara wrote:Has anyone seen his games lately? What seems to be his problem?

I think that he needs a nickname. What do you guys prefer A-Poo or A-Pu? Should I make this a poll?

We usually call him El HOmbre (Ive heard Musial refered to as "the man") or the Mang
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby jealousblues » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:46 pm

jbauer2485 wrote:This would be awful for Pujols owners if any of these latests posts are true about a possible nagging injury. I don't believe the lineup protection is an issue though. It's not like the Cardinals had a great lineup last year. He's done it with an injured Rolen, so I'm not concerned about that.

It's a scary thought to think about how dependent the 1st overall pick lineups are on Pujols. This is why I love picking last so I can get two "first round" players.

well the planta fascia is real and his has had i for a year or two now.
And it really hasnt slowed him (and if it has, could you imagine him if he didnt have it ;-))
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:50 pm

dryice wrote:someone asks a valid question and all he gets are farts..

The fact that he began asking the question TWO FREAKING DAYS INTO THE SEASON IN THE WRONG FORUM, initiated a second thread on the identical topic less than 10 days later IN THE WRONG FORUM, and started a third panicky thread regarding another one of his teams at the same time might just have something to do with the farts.

There's a reason why I am happy to avoid Player Updates/Injuries Forum for the most part, because it gets filled with silly nonsense like this. I prefer the silly nonsense we engage in in Leftovers.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby Yoda » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:51 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
dryice wrote:someone asks a valid question and all he gets are farts..

The fact that he began asking the question TWO FREAKING DAYS INTO THE SEASON IN THE WRONG FORUM, initiated a second thread on the identical topic less than 10 days later IN THE WRONG FORUM, and started a third panicky thread regarding another one of his teams at the same time might just have something to do with the farts.

There's a reason why I am happy to avoid Player Updates/Injuries Forum for the most part, because it gets filled with silly nonsense like this. I prefer the silly nonsense we engage in in Leftovers.

I agree. There is at least more substance here than the other forums. But you still need to weed through a lot of BS to get to anything of substance.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jealousblues » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:38 pm

http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/story/2007/ ... 11/0934#55

more talk and speculation in vivaelbirdos blog
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager