Albert Pujols - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Albert Pujols

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sublime1 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:10 am

I havent seen any of his games..... Does he have a problem???
I love sir albert...glad to have him on my squad!!

C-A J Pierzynski
1st-Albert Pujols
2nd-Julio Lugo
3rd-Aramis Ramirez
SS-Derek Jeter
OF-Akinori Iwamura
OF-Delmon Young
OF-Nick Markakis
Util-Travis Hafner
Util-Richie Sexon
Bn-Chris B Young
Bn-Gary Matthews Jr
Bn- Josh Barfield
DL- Hideki Matsui
Pitchers
SP-Jake Peavy
SP-Mike Mussina
RP-BJ Ryan
RP-Bobby Jenks
P-Zach Duke
P-Jason Schmidt
P-Rich Hill
P-Daniel Cabrera
P-Scott Olsen
P-Adam Loewen
Bn-Anibal Sánchez
Bn-Brad Penny
DL-Freddy Garcia
"Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place."

It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course.
Hank Aaron, American Baseball Player
sublime1
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shoelessjoetara » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:27 am

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
raygunpunx wrote:Whats getting old is the constant sarcastic remarks when someone is asking a serious question.

It's not a serious question or maybe a better way to say it is "it's not a question that deserves to be taken seriously".

Seeking an explanation at this point in the season for a player's performance is simply silly. Two weeks means nothing. There is simply not sufficient information to draw ANY valid conclusion about why a player has performed the way he has.

So, be patient, and wait.
Stop over analyzing things and wait.
Stop seeking meaningless explanations and wait.

Seriously.

Just stop.

That's a serious answer to a question that doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.

Yea I know two weeks mean nothing.I am just sayin I could use his production. It is early, I know. I am currently in 4th place in a 14 team league. What place I am in means absolutely nothing. Let me say that before I get bashed. Its just that I just dont want to get down to far in the hitting categories.That is why I am asking. I also have Sheffield on my team and he is in a slump also.I will be in great shape once they start doing their thing but I would like them to start hitting sooner than later.with that being said what do you think his final stat line will be?
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:33 am

shoelessjoetara wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
raygunpunx wrote:Whats getting old is the constant sarcastic remarks when someone is asking a serious question.

It's not a serious question or maybe a better way to say it is "it's not a question that deserves to be taken seriously".

Seeking an explanation at this point in the season for a player's performance is simply silly. Two weeks means nothing. There is simply not sufficient information to draw ANY valid conclusion about why a player has performed the way he has.

So, be patient, and wait.
Stop over analyzing things and wait.
Stop seeking meaningless explanations and wait.

Seriously.

Just stop.

That's a serious answer to a question that doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.

Yea I know two weeks mean nothing.I am just sayin I could use his production. It is early, I know. I am currently in 4th place in a 14 team league. What place I am in means absolutely nothing. Let me say that before I get bashed. Its just that I just dont want to get down to far in the hitting categories.That is why I am asking. I also have Sheffield on my team and he is in a slump also.I will be in great shape once they start doing their thing but I would like them to start hitting sooner than later.with that being said what do you think his final stat line will be?

If you are so unhappy then move him for something you want. Very simple.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheRock » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:00 am

"What's up with Albert" is perhaps a reasonable question after 2 weeks.

But clueless Joe has been posting this since day 2! And no matter how many people have told him it'll all be ok, he won't stop. It's driving us mad, I tell you! Mad!! :-S

And seriously man, if you're not happy with Pujols, trade him. What do you want us to do? Call him and tell him to start hitting the ball?
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Re: Albert Pujols

Postby Legia13 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:45 am

shoelessjoetara wrote:Has anyone seen his games lately? What seems to be his problem?

I think it's logical to assume that he is in a slump (decrease, decline, or recession in hitting), can also be described as a cold streak. It often happens to MLB hitters, even ones that transcend the statistics of your average hitter. I think it's also logical to assume that he will not bat .154 for the entire season, and that once he cathes fire (begins a "hot streak"), he'll be pretty hard to stop.

I think that just about covers it, the thread can be locked. ;-7
Legia13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jealousblues » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:28 am

his problem is he has zero protection in the line up. Nothing.
Rolen is hitting under .200, Edmonds is hitting like .230
He is also extending his strike zone and pushing to do something.
It happened for a while last year too, and he ended up pulling everything to 3B.
just my opinion

He is getting pitched around and walked often
Last edited by jealousblues on Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby jealousblues » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:31 am

How is the line up better this year?

Eck
Duncan (only hald the time)
Pujols
Rolen (hitting under .200)
Preston Wilson/Scott Spezio (need I say more?)
Edmonds (barley over .200, no rbi, no HR)
Molina
Kennedy
Pitcher

Jaun is hurt, half the time we have WIlson and Taguchi out there. Neither should be starting much less both.
Duncan is the only guy showing any power right now and he sits against lefties (mostly so far)
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:34 am

jealousblues wrote:his problem is he has zero protection in the line up. Nothing.
It happened for a while last year too, and he ended up pulling everything to 3B.
just my opinion

I tend to agree here, and apparently so does the guy who wrote that article that was quoted. The no protection argument is pretty basic and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that St. Louis needs Rolen/Edmonds to turn it around or else Pujols will not be properly protected. Whether or not it effects his production over the course of the season remains to be seen, but I don't think the lineup (right now, anyway) will afford him many RBI opportunities.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby TheRock » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:43 am

jealousblues wrote:his problem is he has zero protection in the line up. Nothing.
just my opinion

His lineup is getting no protection. Albert is hitting .176.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby RAmst23 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:49 am

just my opinion

Um, no. I don't blame people for using this argument, it just tells me they aren't Cardinal fans. Nothing wrong with that, I don't expect everyone to be a fan of my team.

Anyway, Pujols had MUCH... MUCH worse production at other points in his career. There have been many times when Edmonds and Rolen were injured at the same time and Pujols has hit extremely well. He's just that good. He's so good in fact, that 2 weeks of stats here at the beginning of the season mean nothing and he'll be fine.

I agree with a couple posters in this thread. This isn't a serious fantasy baseball question. It's a very poor fantasy baseball question. A very fundamental point to learn in FB. Stick with your stud hitters. They come around, with the exception of Adrian Beltre. Pujols, like all other slumping superstars, will start hitting well. Most likely when the temperature spikes above 60 degrees.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers