Chad Cordero.....Getting darn near droppable? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chad Cordero.....Getting darn near droppable?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby garf112 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:12 pm

Old_Style wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:He'll likely be traded in real life at the all-star break since he's a pending-FA this year.

It wouldn't surprise me if they kept him around, like they did Soriano last season, and get nothing in return for him.

they get draft picks... and first round draft picks at that. they might not always pan out, but they are like lottery tickets, so GMs are beginning to realize the more you have the better chance you have of winning...
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:30 pm

Havok1517 wrote:He'll likely be traded in real life at the all-star break since he's a pending-FA this year.

Is he really? He's not even arbitration eligible anymore?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:34 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:

Ok, my bad. He's arb eligible for 2 more years but the cost of having a good & expensive closer on a bad team puts him on the block. But the news I've heard is that the Nationals would shop him to get arms and then replace him with Rauch.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:58 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

Ok, my bad. He's arb eligible for 2 more years but the cost of having a good & expensive closer on a bad team puts him on the block. But the news I've heard is that the Nationals would shop him to get arms and then replace him with Rauch.

Bad idea IMO
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:29 am

Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

I think you're thinking about Francisco Cordero; he's a free-agent at the end of 2007.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bellybrother » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:53 am

Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

Obviously dropping a closer with a job is silly, but I did just pick up Rauch in case they do trade him....and if nothing else Rauch(and the other middle relievers) should get plenty of work this year.

I did watch the game last night and Bergman looked great. Still not sure if he was or the Braves made him look great. Seemed like they didn't have much plate discipline. They actually made Wash's starters look respectable this series(I also own Hill and he's actually impressed me a little). I'm still banking on any Nat reliever who can throw strikes and miss bats though. If there prove to be any anyway.
bellybrother
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby itodd » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:25 am

astav28 wrote:haha...wasnt really serious...just frustrated with my RP this year...i had cordero, fuentes, torres and dotel and thought that would be plenty but so far not so good.

wanna talk about frustrated? I have Rivera and both Cordero's and have like 4 saves so far :-o
itodd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:50 am

baez once saved 40 for a d-rays team that won 67 games. racking up saves is all about getting wins in close games. i imagine the many of the nats wins will be close games. at this point i'm not terribly worried about a trade. the nats shopped him in the offseason and couldnt move him because they were asking for a lot. they will probably still be asking for a lot at the deadline. i am guessing if someone is that desperate for him they would keep him at closer.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers