Yahoo's "Trading Block" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo's "Trading Block"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:50 pm

wrveres wrote:that is awesome ...

I think it is cool, that you take in this kind of feedback and implement it so quickly. I have never heard of a major site doing anything like this ...
Major kudos to the genie.

anything you can do for Mark Priors shoulder? or even worse, Funstons fantasy team?

He's still ahead of me :-(

And no, to all of you in the blog league who frequent here, that still doesn't mean I want to trade ARod and Hanley for Biff Pocoroba, Rob Dibble, and a cheeseburger. %-6
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:57 pm

Thanks Genie ;-D This feature def. needs to be used more as it helps eliminate unncecessary trade offers and hopefully facilitates some. Any chance it could also be on someones team page? Keep up the good work ;-D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby ordinarygenius » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:04 pm

Personnally, I don't need no trading block. If I want a player, I'll go after him, and everyone on my team is available if the price is right. Anyway, from experience, I've learned that people mainly place their bad players on the block, and all want saves and stolen bases. Not really useful IMO.
ordinarygenius
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bloody Nipples » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:26 pm

While I think that having the link on the front page is better than having it back in the team page, I don't think the move will improve its usage very much. What I do think would help a lot would be to have a condensed version of the trading block directly on the front page, possibly right above or below the standings. Owners could then see directly, without having to click any links, who is available and what other owners are looking for. The full version could be reached by clicking an "expand" link, just like the standings has the "full standings" button.

FSG, if you could get right on that, that'd be great B-)
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bwanna » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:04 pm

Bloody Nipples wrote:While I think that having the link on the front page is better than having it back in the team page, I don't think the move will improve its usage very much. What I do think would help a lot would be to have a condensed version of the trading block directly on the front page, possibly right above or below the standings. Owners could then see directly, without having to click any links, who is available and what other owners are looking for. The full version could be reached by clicking an "expand" link, just like the standings has the "full standings" button.

FSG, if you could get right on that, that'd be great B-)

+1 ;-D
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby jfg » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:02 pm

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:They should announce it with a league message everytime some hits the TB("Michael Cuddyer has been placed on the TB"), and make the TB more easily accessible.

Does anyone use Facebook? I think Yahoo sports should be like that with a wall instead of using message boards. That way all league moves, all trading block adds, and all messages would be on a wall that shows like the last 15-20 events. That would be a nice change.

I think the trading block is kind of worthless though because everyone on my team is available for the right price. It's not like we have to worry about hurting a players morale by shopping him around.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:07 pm

Our league used our own trading block with a commissioners note the year before they added one and it was very cool at first but it was out of sight so making posts on the message board was just more efficient. Hopefully it gets more use now.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bwanna » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:46 pm

jfg wrote:
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:They should announce it with a league message everytime some hits the TB("Michael Cuddyer has been placed on the TB"), and make the TB more easily accessible.

Does anyone use Facebook? I think Yahoo sports should be like that with a wall instead of using message boards. That way all league moves, all trading block adds, and all messages would be on a wall that shows like the last 15-20 events. That would be a nice change.

I think the trading block is kind of worthless though because everyone on my team is available for the right price. It's not like we have to worry about hurting a players morale by shopping him around.

Agree ^.

I'd rather have an improved board/forum for each league than the primitive message board that is there now. I'm not asking for a full-blown message board, but something easier to converse on.

What would be nice is some type of 'shout box'. There are many implementations of those on various sites/boards, it would probably very nice to be able to chat with league members in real-time. That would help trade talks and general league activity considerably, imho.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers