Yahoo's "Trading Block" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo's "Trading Block"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pgbridge2000 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:17 pm

I used it last year and I think that its a great idea that can help facilitate trades especially in leagues where you don't see you're competitors at work or school regularly. Unfortunately because it is in such an obscure location that most managers don't chance upon it or are reminded of it. Few if any people actually use it. If people did start using it I would be very happy tho.
There are 3 ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way!
pgbridge2000
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby silverZ » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:20 pm

I reminded my league and still nobody uses it.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:13 am

They should announce it with a league message everytime some hits the TB("Michael Cuddyer has been placed on the TB"), and make the TB more easily accessible.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Yahoo's "Trading Block"

Postby jealousblues » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:25 am

echizen wrote:Does your league even use this?

Yahoo! introduced it last year, but its was pretty empty last year. this year looks no different in my league.

If you guys do use it, do you think i should remind my league?

right now im the only one using it.
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Dislexic Irishman » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:29 am

I remember this from last year, but completely forgot about it this year. In 3 yahoo leagues, only 1 person from 1 league uses it. I put some players on there and will try to get some leaguemates to do the same now.
Dislexic Irishman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GrubNasty » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:23 pm

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:They should announce it with a league message everytime some hits the TB("Michael Cuddyer has been placed on the TB"), and make the TB more easily accessible.

i like the idea of the email as long as some owner doesnt go nuts and flood my inbox with the players they snag off the wire in hopes to flip.

itd be cool if on the player search one of the options was to sort by players on the block, that way if you have your players out there and others have their players out there you can do a quick glance at things to try and work something out, as opposed to looking at the block and then going back to to the players screen and all that jazz... I also wish the watch list was on the players drop down filter option... In fact if they could wrap up another icon to designate a player as trade block material like they do a player to watch thatd be neat...
GrubNasty
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby great gretzky » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:45 pm

The best way to do this I think would be that you could flag certain players, so that when opponents, scan your roster, they could see a red "a" or something next to said player's name.

Of course, I always operate under the theory that there is no such thing as an untouchable player. If someone wants to send me berkman and jeter (or whatever) for pujols, I'm making it, even if Pujols is the singular best talent. So, I kind of assume anything is possible for the right price.

I use it in football though, as I think trades can be harder to calibrate in fantasy football.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:03 pm

not sure if anyone has noticed but thought id make it known.. the "Trading Block" function has been moved to the front page where you have your leagues standings.
i was looking for it in the players part and it wasnt there, so i checked the front page and bam there it is. its right under the word "Tools". hopefully it will get used more often.

one suggestion id like to see with the Trading Block if possible..
you can put your own players that you are looking to trade on the block for others to see, but what if you could select up to 5 players from other teams that your interested in. then the other person could see if someone is interested in their player and maybe discussions could get going more easier. there may be players on my team that others are interested in that i wouldnt think there interested in so i dont know to offer them in any type of trade. ofcorse you could end up with some knuckle head selecting 5 star players like Pujols/Santana/ARod/ect when theres little chance of them being moved.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 74)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:49 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:not sure if anyone has noticed but thought id make it known.. the "Trading Block" function has been moved to the front page where you have your leagues standings.
i was looking for it in the players part and it wasnt there, so i checked the front page and bam there it is. its right under the word "Tools". hopefully it will get used more often.

And the answer is... 18 1/2 hours until someone noticed and posted. You guys are slipping ;-)

I actually avoided posting about this on purpose. Much of the discussion centered around how it would be more visible on the league home, so I was curious to see how long it would be before someone noticed. After the discussion here, I pushed to get it moved. We'll see if it helps. It is hard to imagine it will hurt, really.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby wrveres » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:58 pm

that is awesome ...

I think it is cool, that you take in this kind of feedback and implement it so quickly. I have never heard of a major site doing anything like this ...
Major kudos to the genie.

anything you can do for Mark Priors shoulder? or even worse, Funstons fantasy team?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers