Prior - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Prior

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Don G. » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:30 am

sportsaddict wrote::-b :-b :-b :-b

I'm loving this ;-D

seriously, why would you even post this? You need to remove yourself from the little fantasy world you're playing in and realize that someone's future is being affected. I'd like nothing more then to see him healthy, even if it means someone else benefitting from his resurgence.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:59 am

jeez, lighten up a little bit, folks.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jswede » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:27 pm

the Onion's "hot start" Cubs story from last year is linked next to the Prior story. Hilarious also.
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sportsaddict » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:18 pm

Wow, I didn't check this thread since I last posted and I didn't think my comments would offend anybody.

I apologize if I made anyone mad by what I said, I thought I was just having fun. I just think a lot of people praise Prior like he's the next Nolan Ryan, when he's only had one full, good year, which was 4 years ago. I mean, you can say that "he's been good when he's been on the field," but he hasn't barely played at all since 2003. Again, I'm sorry for my comments, but I thought people would take them a little more lighthearted.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jswede » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:27 pm

Don G. wrote:

I'm loving this ;-D

seriously, why would you even post this? You need to remove yourself from the little fantasy world you're playing in and realize that someone's future is being affected. I'd like nothing more then to see him healthy, even if it means someone else benefitting from his resurgence.

Sportsaddict, as you can see above, we should all be crying for multi-millionaire athletes who have their lives turned COMPLETELY upside-down because of a little nag in the shoulder that will need surgery if they are to ever throw over 88 again.

Seriously - "hurt"? Only inasmuch as he'll need surgery to get back over 90mph so as to earn another contract for $15mil a year. It's not like he's lost a freaking limb.

No thanks, I'll save my tears for the kids at VaTech and have a little fun at the expense of Prior and the Cubs for what could only be called an "injury" for a starting pitcher or an NFL qb. The other 99.99999999% of the population, if they had that injury, would just keep on going to work without complaint. If they have a good job, maybe they'll earn in the next 5 years what Prior will make in the next 2 weeks of rehab.
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cubs2238 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:19 am

Okay using the VA Tech thing as a dig at another person on this board is pathetic. Yes it is very sad about what happened and I've said many a prayer for those students, but to use it as a dig to prove a point is just sad. Second of all the poster commenting on Prior did this long before the VA Tech massacre happened.
cubs2238
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gfantasy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:11 am

Any updates on Prior. I know that Yocum and Andrews were diagnosing him together...anything surface yet?
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby Crippler » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:59 am

jswede wrote:
No thanks, I'll save my tears for the kids at VaTech and have a little fun at the expense of Prior and the Cubs for what could only be called an "injury" for a starting pitcher or an NFL qb.

Give me a break.

Shameless, pathetic and inappropriate.
Crippler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jswede » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:39 pm

you guys lost me.
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jnormy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:01 pm

jswede wrote:
Don G. wrote:

I'm loving this ;-D

Sportsaddict, as you can see above, we should all be crying for multi-millionaire athletes who have their lives turned COMPLETELY upside-down because of a little nag in the shoulder that will need surgery if they are to ever throw over 88 again.

Seriously - "hurt"? Only inasmuch as he'll need surgery to get back over 90mph so as to earn another contract for $15mil a year. It's not like he's lost a freaking limb.

No thanks, I'll save my tears for the kids at VaTech and have a little fun at the expense of Prior and the Cubs for what could only be called an "injury" for a starting pitcher or an NFL qb. The other 99.99999999% of the population, if they had that injury, would just keep on going to work without complaint. If they have a good job, maybe they'll earn in the next 5 years what Prior will make in the next 2 weeks of rehab.

I know baseball players make obscene amounts of money, but I don't think his salary is the sad part of this story as much as the fact that this guy had SO much talent that will never be realized because of the injuries. It's like a great sculptor irreparably damaging his hands or an award-winning photographer suddenly becoming legally blind. The one thing that they do great is taken away, not only from them but from others who could enjoy that talent. Of course Prior will be ok financially... but that doesn't mean it isn't a damn shame his talent will be unfulfilled.

P.S. I do feel compelled to add that I hope any Cubs fans who are commenting about how mean people are to Prior weren't among those who helped run Bartman out of town. :-t
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates