The Jays One year away! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

The Jays One year away!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Jays One year away!

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:53 pm

I'm new to this site and I like what I've seen so far ;-D

The only problem is that there doesn't seem to be any Jays fans or any Canadians at all in here :-t

Even though they have finished behind the Yanks and Sox for six years in a row now - I like what JP has been doing. We won't contend this year but we will at least have a heap of fantasy-worthy hitters (which is the only reason we pay attention anyways right?) and at least one pitcher.

Is anyone else renewing their Skydome season tickets with me?

(I am also looking to put together a live auction keeper league in the Metro area - if you are interested please email me)
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Swinger » Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:43 pm

I live in the Boston area, but instead of getting into the Yankees/Sox conflict, I'm going to root for the 'underdog' Jays. I think their pitching has solidified well. In fact, I think they will contend this year.
Swinger
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:06 pm

Swinger wrote:I live in the Boston area, but instead of getting into the Yankees/Sox conflict, I'm going to root for the 'underdog' Jays. I think their pitching has solidified well. In fact, I think they will contend this year.

Right on!

Come on up and visit. No SARS, good beer and no pitchers duels.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby Swinger » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:12 pm

I have and I will. ;-)
Swinger
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: The Jays One year away!

Postby MauroGozzo » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:24 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I'm new to this site and I like what I've seen so far ;-D

The only problem is that there doesn't seem to be any Jays fans or any Canadians at all in here :-t

Even though they have finished behind the Yanks and Sox for six years in a row now - I like what JP has been doing. We won't contend this year but we will at least have a heap of fantasy-worthy hitters (which is the only reason we pay attention anyways right?) and at least one pitcher.

Is anyone else renewing their Skydome season tickets with me?

(I am also looking to put together a live auction keeper league in the Metro area - if you are interested please email me)

Hey Mooookie.

I too have just discovered this site, and I too am a Jays fan.

Only a glimmer of hope for the playoffs this year... Who knows though... Maybe the Yanks implode and we sneak in there behind the Red Sox. But, you're right: 2005 and on the Jays will be a force. Rios, Quiroz, McGowan, Bush, Gross, Hill, Arnold... Can't wait.

OK, Blue Jays, let's - play - ball!
MauroGozzo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Toronto Blue Jays