McCarthyism Right Around the Corner? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

McCarthyism Right Around the Corner?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:40 pm

First they put terrorists on the list, and I didn't protest because I'm not a terrorist. Then they added liberal professors to the list, and I didn't say anything because I'm not a liberal professor. Then when they came to put me on the no-fly list there was nobody left to save me.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:59 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Greatest post ever I think. ;-D :-b

Doesn't even crack my personal top 5 or 10 :-D . I didn't have near the fun I could have, and didn't take all of the easy opportunities that were in there. :-D

Art Vandelay wrote:First they put terrorists on the list, and I didn't protest because I'm not a terrorist. Then they added liberal professors to the list, and I didn't say anything because I'm not a liberal professor. Then when they came to put me on the no-fly list there was nobody left to save me.

They did? Got a real story (meaning a credible one) on that one? I'd definitely like to hear and read a credible story about a liberal professor (or several) who are not allowed to fly simply because they voiced an opinion against Bush and/or the government. Link please. :-) ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:04 pm

I could be wrong but I thought Art was being sarcastic.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:10 pm

I was definitely being sarcastic. I guess I was commenting on the absurdity of this whole "issue." I'm with Mookie:

Seriously, what's the issue.

Some pampered law prof was delayed and got his panties in a bunch. So what?
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:15 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I was definitely being sarcastic. I guess I was commenting on the absurdity of this whole "issue." I'm with Mookie:

Doh! !+)

Sorry Art. I have a "special hat" I wear during threads like this (to keep me in line from really saying what I think ;-) ) and missed the sarcasm. My bad! !+)

Glad to see we're on the same side of this "story" ;-7 though. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:31 pm

Madison wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I was definitely being sarcastic. I guess I was commenting on the absurdity of this whole "issue." I'm with Mookie:

Doh! !+)

Sorry Art. I have a "special hat" I wear during threads like this (to keep me in line from really saying what I think ;-) ) and missed the sarcasm. My bad! !+)

I think most people, left or right, are on the same side of this story :-b
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:38 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Madison wrote:

Doh! !+)

I think most people, left or right, are on the same side of this story :-b

All but one of us. ;-)
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:03 pm

I guess the only prudent thing here is:

Madison wrote:I won't turn this personal, but I'd put my trust and life in the hands of the government, and even in the hands of some other Cafe members, over yours without hesitation. No offense, but you're really acting high and mighty and above the goverment here, when you've proven time and time again that you're way too far out on a limb and grasping for anything you can.

But wait you did. Come on, Mr. Double Standards are no-nos.

Anyway, yes I'm 100% confident I could do a better job myself with my one year of of 200 level poly sci classes than this inept leader has done. I hope nearly everyone in this thread feels the same about themselves.

You may feel I'm reaching and out on a limb, but don't portray it as god given fact. Besides, many insightful ideas have been created when on a limb, reaching for a hard to grasp truth.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:10 pm

First year poli sci :-°

I think that I may have actually toked up in the back row of Political Theory. Good to see that the tradition hasn't died ;-D

:-b
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:15 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:I guess the only prudent thing here is:

Madison wrote:I won't turn this personal, but I'd put my trust and life in the hands of the government, and even in the hands of some other Cafe members, over yours without hesitation. No offense, but you're really acting high and mighty and above the goverment here, when you've proven time and time again that you're way too far out on a limb and grasping for anything you can.

But wait you did. Come on, Mr. Double Standards are no-nos.

Anyway, yes I'm 100% confident I could do a better job myself with my one year of of 200 level poly sci classes than this inept leader has done. I hope nearly everyone in this thread feels the same about themselves.

You may feel I'm reaching and out on a limb, but don't portray it as god given fact. Besides, many insightful ideas have been created when on a limb, reaching for a hard to grasp truth.

No, I simply stated what you're doing, and what you have done repeatedly in the past. Nothing personal at all. Really. :-)

As to doing a better job, sure, tons of people believe they could, but since none of us are in that spot, none of us can be 100% confident about that. And I'll remind you that I feel Bush has dropped the ball huge and repeatedly, so I'm not trying to defend the guy.

Also, this story has nothing to do with Bush and/or the government. There is no story here. A guy got delayed for a flight. Big deal. Absolutely Adequate will hate what I'm getting ready to say, but.....had the guy had an ounce of common sense, he'd have known the ticket agent was full of crap. Airlines do not control the Do Not Fly list, and people are not put on that list for something as simple as voicing an opinion against Bush and/or the government :-b . And that of course is provided he didn't just make the whole thing up. The pieces don't fit and I don't think this guy is that incredibly stupid, so I really believe he simply got delayed and has decided to spin it in a lame and poor attempt to draw some attention to himself (maybe to sell the book?).

Meh, anyway, no story here. :*)

EDIT: Doh, someone locked this up while I was typing. Mook's been out to get me, so I bet it was him! }:-)

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk