*Clay Hensley* WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

*Clay Hensley* WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

*Clay Hensley* WHIR

Postby JoshExley » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:39 pm

I was high on this guy coming into this season. Someone grabbed him before me in our draft. Now that owner has given up and has dropped him.

Does anyone have any updates on him, whether or not blisters were an issue once again in his last start?

Thanks.
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 608
Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Macon, GA

Postby Rotundor » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:50 pm

He pitched on Tuesday despite his blisters. According to Yahoo, anyways
Rotundor
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 233
Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby waterproof » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:07 pm

The blister was bothering Tuesday before the game...

Clay Hensley, who is still bothered by a blister on the middle finger of his throwing-hand, will start Tuesday's game against San Francisco.

"My finger would have to be cut off," said Hensley. "I'm just going to have to figure out a way to pitch with it." Hensley has had the blister since his final start of spring training.


I was high on him this year too, and I don't think that we've seen what he can do healthy. He's riding my bench until he gets a good start... I'm giving him sometime.
waterproof
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 767
Joined: 4 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: USA

Postby JoshExley » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:27 pm

waterproof wrote:The blister was bothering Tuesday before the game...

Clay Hensley, who is still bothered by a blister on the middle finger of his throwing-hand, will start Tuesday's game against San Francisco.

"My finger would have to be cut off," said Hensley. "I'm just going to have to figure out a way to pitch with it." Hensley has had the blister since his final start of spring training.


I was high on him this year too, and I don't think that we've seen what he can do healthy. He's riding my bench until he gets a good start... I'm giving him sometime.


That is what I'm hoping. He's sitting on my wire right now...
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 608
Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Macon, GA

Postby dirtywater2 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:47 pm

JoshExley wrote:
waterproof wrote:The blister was bothering Tuesday before the game...

Clay Hensley, who is still bothered by a blister on the middle finger of his throwing-hand, will start Tuesday's game against San Francisco.

"My finger would have to be cut off," said Hensley. "I'm just going to have to figure out a way to pitch with it." Hensley has had the blister since his final start of spring training.


I was high on him this year too, and I don't think that we've seen what he can do healthy. He's riding my bench until he gets a good start... I'm giving him sometime.



I had to give up on him because I needed a decent 5th. I would have preferred to keep him. If you can afford it keep him.
That is what I'm hoping. He's sitting on my wire right now...
dirtywater2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 66
Joined: 20 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chiswede » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:20 pm

I've got him, and he hurt me in that last start. His next one is at home, where he's been tough. Curious to see what he does there, blister or not.
10 Team Yahoo Private League Record
2003-1st
2004-1st
2005-2nd
2006-1st
2007-1st
2008-1st
2009-8th
2010-2nd
2011-10th
chiswede
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 240
Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago

Postby JoshExley » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:24 pm

chiswede wrote:I've got him, and he hurt me in that last start. His next one is at home, where he's been tough. Curious to see what he does there, blister or not.


Actually slated to start in CHI.
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 608
Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Macon, GA

Postby JoshExley » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:05 pm

This friggin guy...
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 608
Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Macon, GA

Postby chiswede » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:16 am

Word on him is to keep him on the bench unless he's at home. I think the rainouts last week caused him to miss his only home start of the year so far. Her certainly has stunk on the road.
I'm keeping him benched until he's got a home start or two to see if he's even worth it.
10 Team Yahoo Private League Record
2003-1st
2004-1st
2005-2nd
2006-1st
2007-1st
2008-1st
2009-8th
2010-2nd
2011-10th
chiswede
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 240
Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago

Postby mbrittb00 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:08 am

Why won't the Padres just put him on the DL so he can heal. He isn't doing anyone any good trying to pitch though it.
mbrittb00
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 124
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 27
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

St. Louis at Pittsburgh
(12:35 pm)
Texas at Seattle
(3:40 pm)
Tampa Bay at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
NY Yankees at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at San Diego
(9:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Miami at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Colorado at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact