PLAYER RANKINGS, CAFE STYLE?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

PLAYER RANKINGS, CAFE STYLE??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby justinA » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:46 pm

25 is the highest score that could have been given correct?
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby justinA » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:00 pm

i dont mean to be picky, but whats up with aaron boone as the 6th best SS by RJ.. i thought ppl sent in updated lists thus causing a little bit of a hold up?.. doesnt really matter tho cuz hes still at the bottom.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AC Rounders » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:42 am

I just got back from Arizona so I apologize for not answering any questions for a while there. I did get the list to Arlo before the weekend but he was also gone. That was the hold up. I see it is up and damn we did a nice job :) justin, as far as rj's list goes, he was the very first person to submit his list and made very few changes. Noone made any changes to theri Aaron Boone rankings after he got hurt(THANK GOD). Besides, it isn't easy throwing yourself out there for eveyone to critize but he did do it to help YOU!!! Enjoy the rankings all.
"Imagine, if you will, that I am an idiot.
Then, imagine that I am also a Congressman.
But, alas, I repeat myself."
Mark Twain
AC Rounders Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rjforlife » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:15 am

ya sorry i havent been around and thought boone would drop to last or AC would move him for me so i didnt bother peppering ACs email with a new list everyday.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Cheat Sheet

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:50 pm

chinch sacs wrote:Is this the same thing that is in the "cheat sheets" section?

I noticed Arlo put that up today, good job Arlo. ;-D

Thanks so much for everyone's effort. I plan on using it as the sole reference for my draft this year!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: Cheat Sheet

Postby justinA » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:47 pm

Guest wrote:

Thanks so much for everyone's effort. I plan on using it as the sole reference for my draft this year!

Never use just one thing as ur draft reference, IMO. Yea this is 7 lists together, but its always good to have multiple lists i think.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Arlo » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:46 pm

Actually, menyak took care of the formatting and put the rankings up. Credit where credit is due... :-)

justinA wrote:25 is the highest score that could have been given correct?

It depends on the number of players ranked at each position (to reflect the different numbers needed in standard leagues). For C, 1B, 2B, 3B, and SS, 25 is the maximum; for OF it's 50, for SP 60, for RP 35.

AC Rounders wrote:I did get the list to Arlo before the weekend but he was also gone.

Actually, your timing was perfect; I had just enough time to finish editing and make the relay toss to menyak. Great job, guys - these rankings truly look fantastic! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:52 pm

I agree. Unfortunately, I had a brain fart and somehow left Rhodes off of the list. :-/
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby rotodog » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:11 pm

Gang....I also made a mistake.I made my rankings in an excel sheet for the first time.In editting it,i deleted and moved guys around.Somehow my 1B ranking got a bit screwed at the top.Take a look and youll see what I mean.Anyhow it didnt change the end result of the overall ranking .I thought I'd mention this before I took a beating for it :~( Rotodog
rotodog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ramble2 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm

Hey guys, I just took a look at the rankings. Excellent job! ;-D Thanks for all the hard work. Plenty of opportunity for discussion, and for those in a pinch will serve as an excellent draft day guide.

It would be interesting to compare the Cafe composite rankings, the Cafe composite Mock rankings, and some of the big name magazine/website rankings at the end of the season. I'd wager that the rankings here will have a strong showing.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers