PLAYER RANKINGS, CAFE STYLE?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

PLAYER RANKINGS, CAFE STYLE??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

PLAYER RANKINGS, CAFE STYLE??

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:06 pm

I know that a few of the mock drafts have draft lists by position but will the Cafe have threads with each position and the top 20 or so (except for OF and P) of each? I think that would be a good idea as we can rank them and say why and things like that. Maybe not right now but as draft day approaches.

Any thoughts?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:11 pm

I think that would be a great idea. Most of the rankings you get from other sites are way off. Maybe if we could get some of the great minds here to come up with some rankings it would be a great help.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:24 pm

kentx12 wrote:I think that would be a great idea. Most of the rankings you get from other sites are way off. Maybe if we could get some of the great minds here to come up with some rankings it would be a great help.

And a lot easier for people to print out a short list of rankings for each position. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:25 pm

I think we should do a ranking system similar to another one I've seen for football, where a bunch of people rank the top 300 players (the same 300 so we can compare them). After that, we compile an average ranking for each player and sort them by average rank. We can do a hi/low rank column as well. I'd be willing to rank the top 300 and if others did the same and somebody volunteered to average it out (I don't have a clue about how to do that, but I'm sure if we all ranked in excel using the same format somebody could figure it out).

Seems like a good idea to me ;-D anybody else agree :-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:33 pm

LBJackal wrote:I think we should do a ranking system similar to another one I've seen for football, where a bunch of people rank the top 300 players (the same 300 so we can compare them). After that, we compile an average ranking for each player and sort them by average rank. We can do a hi/low rank column as well. I'd be willing to rank the top 300 and if others did the same and somebody volunteered to average it out (I don't have a clue about how to do that, but I'm sure if we all ranked in excel using the same format somebody could figure it out).

Seems like a good idea to me ;-D anybody else agree :-D

I agree with you but I would prefer to separate them because of position scarcity and how people interpret it, having to sift through a position when I already drafted it, etc. I would think that it would be easier for the members to say that they need a 3B and go to the 3B list and find 1 rather than have to sift though tens of players for a 3B.

It seems that it is a good idea so far. It just depends on how many people would take a little time and make it really thought out and comprehensive.
Lofunzo

Postby ramble2 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:41 pm

There is someone who is compiling a composite of the mock drafts. That's pretty helpful. We could sort it by position, once it is done.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:54 pm

ramble2 wrote:There is someone who is compiling a composite of the mock drafts. That's pretty helpful. We could sort it by position, once it is done.

Good idea. ;-D If we go that route, I will gladly separate them. The only downfall that I see is that there might be limitations. With the top 300 based on the mocks, there is a chance that we wouldn't have a certain number for each position. Plus, if the mocks are based on certain setups (2 C, etc.), then that might not help someone who uses a different setup. That is why I recommended a certain number of players from each position.

Either way, the ultimate goal is to have the players ranked for easy reference of members. Of course, it is all based on that person's subjective thoughts and needs when drafting.
Lofunzo

Postby eftda » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:56 pm

C: Posada
1st Pujols
2nd: Sorianio
SS. Arod
3b: Lowell/Rolen
OF: Sosa
OF: Maggs
OF: Sheff
P: pedro/ prior
CL: Gagne
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:58 pm

eftda wrote:C: Posada
1st Pujols
SS. Arod

Great team but HUH?? 8-o
Lofunzo

Postby wrveres » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:03 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
eftda wrote:C: Posada
1st Pujols
SS. Arod

Great team but HUH?? 8-o

I think he was tryin gto put the best at each position but forgot Beltran and Vlad..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers