Josh Hamilton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Josh Hamilton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pitcherintherye » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:03 pm

Justblaze wrote:
Mashug wrote:Could be this year's Alex Rios, maybe better. He's also fun as hell to watch. Former 1st pick with a 2nd chance.

Or, could I say it, he could be Chris Shelton.

He very well could...but you got him for nothing, you can drop him for nothing... right now, you can't go wrong with picking him up.
"I put the 'K' in chaos..."

"but there's no K in chaos"

"oh...figures"
pitcherintherye
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cubs2238 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:39 am

Yeah he could very well be this year's Chris Shelton but Shelton wasn't a number one overall pick in a draft chocked full of All Stars such as Josh Beckett, Barry Zito, and Ben Sheets.

It's a great show for what it's worth so far and cost me one roster move. I'm gonna enjoy the ride.
cubs2238
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mrider » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:59 am

Thats tough. I would drop Quentin just because he has not done anything this year. I think Hamilton will do very well this year and will play every time they play a righty.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NYYANKEEZ25 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:17 am

I'm hoping for an awesome night outta him. :-)
"winners make the rules, losers follow them."

rate my team!!!
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2216480#2216480
NYYANKEEZ25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ScrappyDoo » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:34 am

Is a line of 100 35 100 .300 10 too optimistic.

I really hope he could do it. I would get to keep him next year in the last round of the draft. Hopefully he will be considered a top 5 round pick next year.
ScrappyDoo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KTM » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:45 am

pitcherintherye wrote:
Justblaze wrote:
Mashug wrote:Could be this year's Alex Rios, maybe better. He's also fun as hell to watch. Former 1st pick with a 2nd chance.

Or, could I say it, he could be Chris Shelton.

He very well could...but you got him for nothing, you can drop him for nothing... right now, you can't go wrong with picking him up.

He's a sick stud. He was #1 overall as a hitter but could have easily went #1 overall as a pitcher as well. Threw upper 90's in high school with like 100ks in 45 innings.

When he was at the Winning Innings training facility in Florida last summer raking the infield for free batting cage practice and grilled cheese a college team was there and he talked the pitchers into letting him throw a few while in his custodian uniform. They were in shock with what they saw.

If you can come back from smoking 3 million in crack you can hit 300/30. He'll swipe bags too.
KTM
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rounders » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:53 am

ScrappyDoo wrote:Is a line of 100 35 100 .300 10 too optimistic.

I really hope he could do it. I would get to keep him next year in the last round of the draft. Hopefully he will be considered a top 5 round pick next year.

Don't get too far ahead of yourself there. Ride the streak, and if it ends - cut bait. The worse thing is when you pick up someone that's on a hot streak and think they're going to be the next coming, then you end up hanging onto them way too long after they cool off.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ScrappyDoo » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:00 am

I picked him up in 2 leagues. One I have Damon, Crawford, and Vlad in the OF with Dunn and Hafner at Util so ill only start him on off days. The other my outfield is Holliday, Vlad, and Cuddyer, so I wont lose much if he doesnt pan out.

From what I hear hes a freak athlete and being the first positional player picked number one since A-Rod is indicative of how good people thought he would be.

A little crack addiction along the road didnt change his abilities. If anything you would think he would start rusty. But hes killing the ball.
ScrappyDoo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dmendro » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:50 am

Rounders wrote:Too bad the Cubs sold him to the Reds after picking him up in the rule 5 draft.

they only picked him up because the Reds gave them $100K to do it. He wasn't one of their targets.
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby dmendro » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:52 am

mrider wrote:Thats tough. I would drop Quentin just because he has not done anything this year. I think Hamilton will do very well this year and will play every time they play a righty.

Hmmm, quentin comes off the DL and his first 3 hits are long doubles. He sucks. ;)
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates