Keeper League Help Please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Keeper League Help Please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:17 am

Unfortunately I don't think you can sell high anymore on Torres after his last two outings.

This really is a solid team for a 12-team keeper. I see you must have put low priority on saves in your draft which is what I typically do as well. You might be able to move Teahen or Rios for a closer like Huston Street or something like that. Basically take one of your mid-tier hitters and try to move him for a closer unless you can find someone like Wheeler on waivers.

You should stay patient with Barfield, give him a chance to get in the flow of the season, I'm sure that 4-day snow-out messed with the hitters' timing on both Cleveland and Seattle, he'll get in the groove eventually. On the Teahen/Jacobs front, I'd just flip-flop between whichever player is hotter at the time.

Your pitching staff is pretty dominant especially when you get Francisco Liriano back in '08. You can't get any better than Santana, and keep in mind that Peavy is considered an ace on a lot of fantasy teams in 12-team leagues... I love Haren's upside if Oakland ever gives him some run support. I'm not yet sold on John Maine but he's worth trotting out there a couple more times to see what he's got. Who's on waivers for pitchers???

Overall, your team has great balance. Teixeira is your only true masher, but I see a good mix of power, speed & BA on your offense. I don't think you really need to do anything 'cept get a closer, but try the wire first before you go looking to make a deal.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RyeWhiskey » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:33 am

Thanks for the imput on Barfield, I'll stick him out. I am currently awaiting a waiver request on Greinke (I would drop Jacobs and put Teahen in Util).

WW for Ps looks like:
Meche
C Vargas
C Sampson
Maholm
Mitre
Villanueva
Billingsley
Pelfrey
Soria
Stanton

Not much to work with. I like my SPs a lot, but I see the argument of trading for a closer. The question then arises, who do I trade?

Thanks to everyone for the imput, I appreciate the attention to my team as this league is my favorite (it's for money too...).

- Monkey
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RyeWhiskey » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:49 pm

BUMP and update. I dropped Jacobs for Greinke.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Justblaze » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:03 pm

Your team is fine. I might drop Gorz for Soria. But I'm not so sure about that move. Also you should edit your top post to change to your current roster. Check if Henry Owens is out there. I might drop Gorz for him.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby RyeWhiskey » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:09 pm

Both Owens and Soria have been swopped on. I managed to get Greinke though and am quite pleased with that move. Yet my closer situation is a little unstable for my liking. I simply don't know who to move for a solid RP though..
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby vladrules » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:18 pm

Never played keeper or H2H but great team. Only weakness is RP which has already been stated. Teahen and Figgy provide flexibility.
I don't see Jacobs anywhere.

Like Barfield as well. I believe RHenderson gave him pointers and coached him a bit. He could do for Barfield this year what he did for JReyes last year.

Johan, Peavy and Kaz?? Wow. Then you have Liriano and Haren. Geez. You don't see that in some 10 team leagues.

I'm curious, who are your 9 keepers?

Johan, Liriano, Peavy, Sizemore, MCab, Bay and.............

I'm sure you've already done this but identify your 9 keepers. I'm sure there are 3 or 4 others you have trouble deciding between. If true then trade the lowe ranked ones for a better keeper. Not sure how effective that works since all the owners are probably thinking the same thing. :-D
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

Postby illmatic00 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:19 pm

I am new at fantasy baseball, so I can't really say my opinions on your team because your scoring is different from my league
illmatic00
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RyeWhiskey » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:20 pm

bump, I have identified my keepers and updated.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bears2 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:34 pm

i do have 1 question...if theres 12 teams with smart managers how did you get

sizemore
texeira
bay
cabrera
santana
liriano(although hurt)
peavy
kazmir

alotta studs they let you get ur hands on? regardless greta team,maybe add 1 good closer
"If you sit down at a poker game and don't see a sucker, get up. You're the sucker."
- Paul Newman (?)
bears2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 21)

Postby RyeWhiskey » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:41 pm

If you must know, many many trades... that and I drafted Cabrera, Bay, Peavy 3 years ago. And I picked up Sizemore off FA last year.

Seriously though, who should I move for a closer?
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team