100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Day 2 - Mafia version 5.0

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wake » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:29 pm

chris8 wrote:
wake wrote:
J35J wrote:
wake wrote:Good game Mafia. Just curious, why did you decide to kill J3J5? I know he wanted AA dead, but I would've thought you would want the most suspicious townsperson left alive for the last day.

Yeah I was surprised as well. I figured if I could keep talking and find a way to keep myself alive from the other townies that the mafia would never vote for me because they would know that all the other townies would suspect me as well.

I was definately surprised I was offed. The only reason I could think is that AA and ThatDude were mafia and I called them on it there at the end. I was only half right.....

damn you Leber!!! ;-)

Yeah, it's a delicate balance to keep yourself alive as a townsperson. You don't want to become so suspicious that you're lynched during the day, but if no one suspects you at all, the mafia will mosts likely kill you off.

And, stop me if I'm wrong, but isn't that another reason that we should have been suspicious of Leber? Everyone thought him innocent, and yet he survived Night 2.

Doh!!

In the future, that would probably be a good thing to keep an eye on. After following these past games I've found that the mafia almost always want to kill of the least suspicious townsperson (unless they're reasonably certain who the investigator is). This way the decision is untraceable to them and they leave the people alive who are most likely to be lynched the next day. If the unsuspicious person keeps being left alive, it might be a sign they're mafia.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wake » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:39 pm

chris8 wrote:wake - you're a vet at this game, aren't you?

Who did you suspect as the game went on?

Day 2 I actually thought it was AA and J3J5. Like ThatDude said, they could've been trying to kill each other off, especially considering how quickly they started attacking each other at the beginning of the game. Since I've said in a couple of posts how I thought that was a good mafia strategy, killing me the first night would've made sense since I'd be the most likely to recognize it.

Day 3 I thought it was probably AA and ThatDude. More so because i didn't think it was you or Sluggers than anything else.

This game really seems to favor the people who keep a low profile. Eventually, if you post enough, there will be some way to link you to every other person. It was a smart move by Leber to go underground after his name had been cleared.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ThatDude » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:20 pm

Nicely done Sluggers. I guess the Hippocratic oath means nothing to you.

I suppose if I had been able to hang around his afternoon, I might have been able to make you realize your mistake in voting for me, but probably not.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:58 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha!

The bluff worked perfectly. I had planned out that "thought I was dead" thing for myself, but clearly Leber needed it. And it worked too perfectly.

We killed Wake because he is experienced at the game and thought he might catch us. We killed J35J because he kept pointing the finger at me and it'd be too obvious for me to actually kill him. Reverse psychology and all that.

And the hemming and hawing was because I knew Leber wasn't on and I wanted to vote while I was near a computer. Everything I said about being sick and my sister being in town was true.

Let the accolades fall!
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Leber » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:11 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Edited to preserve my dignity

!+)

LOL , I liked reading your reasoning on that post. :-b

thought I was going to get lynched that first day and my bluff saved me. So since most of you thought I was a townie I thought I could afford the risk of putting the last vote on Nberan in the manner I did. Also after the first day I went into my profile and turned off the thing that shows you are online. So I was watching the thread a lot just not posting in it :-b . I had to say it was hilarious watching people go at each other and then when they made list always put me on the townie side. The last day I was away from the computer for most of the time, and when I got on I was pleased with what went on.

Overall I think it was a very fun game and I learned my lesson to say I'm a townie the first post I can. :-b
Leber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wake » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:16 pm

It will be interesting to see if we can get a game where only 1 mafia wins it. So far in both the baseball and football mafia games, when 1 mafia has gone down the other quickly followed.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:21 pm

wake wrote:It will be interesting to see if we can get a game where only 1 mafia wins it. So far in both the baseball and football mafia games, when 1 mafia has gone down the other quickly followed.

I made it 2 days without my mafia partner and I still think I had a good shot of winning if the mod killed the correct person.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wake » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:31 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
wake wrote:It will be interesting to see if we can get a game where only 1 mafia wins it. So far in both the baseball and football mafia games, when 1 mafia has gone down the other quickly followed.

I made it 2 days without my mafia partner and I still think I had a good shot of winning if the mod killed the correct person.

True, though your case was a little different since your partner was voted off on the 1st day and you didn't know each other. There was nothing to use to connect him to anybody.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bleach168 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:46 pm

Another great game! I was quite impressed by mafia's performance. ;-D
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 50)

Postby Leber » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:12 pm

bleach168 wrote:Another great game! I was quite impressed by mafia's performance. ;-D

:-D
Leber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk