better keeper ?

Postby ssjl » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:23 pm

Better keeper & Why ?
ssjl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KPucks » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:41 pm

I like Hinske because he is younger and proved he can play over a full season. Ensberg has never been as full-time player and i question whether he could keep up his gaudy stats from last year over an entire season.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby pkarr5000 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:15 pm

ensberg; although he is older, blum is gone and he will get to play a full season. he showed us all what he could do given little playing time. imagine his stats as he grows and matures. he has good mentors in houston: bagwell, biggio, berkman and will develop good power which means more and more homers into the crawford boxes at minute maid. solid third baseman who will hit against subpar pitching staffs in the NL Central: Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Cincinatti, St. Louis. Hinske will always have to go against the yankees and red sox who will basically buy the best from now on
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kentx12 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:48 pm

I would go with Ensburg. He should get to play everyday now and I believe his numbers will only increase.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mikcou » Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:02 pm

Id take the risk on Ensberg with his pontential and the chance to play everyday. He has a chance to hit over 30 home runs and 100 rbi's
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby chinch sacs » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:41 am

pkarr5000 wrote:ensberg; although he is older, blum is gone and he will get to play a full season. he showed us all what he could do given little playing time. imagine his stats as he grows and matures. he has good mentors in houston: bagwell, biggio, berkman and will develop good power which means more and more homers into the crawford boxes at minute maid. solid third baseman who will hit against subpar pitching staffs in the NL Central: Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Cincinatti, St. Louis. Hinske will always have to go against the yankees and red sox who will basically buy the best from now on

I couldnt agree more, and Biggio and Berk both had "down years" plus he gets to ROCK those crappy rotations
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Erboes » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:50 am

That's a tough call. I really don't like Ensberg's stats when he did start playing every day last year, but it's hard to say whether that just coincided with a slump. It's hard to pass up hitting second in that lineup though, and he could pass Hinske in a rout if his first half numbers were for real, so I'll give a slight edge to him. Hinske's going to be good this year though, this I have little doubt.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DieHardCubbie » Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:18 pm

I like both players....but Ensberg has the better line up protection...and a better park to hit in....I would give him a slight nod..... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers