Famous nicknames for groups of players on certain teams? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Famous nicknames for groups of players on certain teams?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thedude » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:58 am

Big Cat wrote:I was just gonna say that about the Twins.
You could also call Morneau and Mauer the M&M Boys


Fine, as long as you do not start comparing them to the orginal M&M boys.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:07 am

Canseco and McGwire were the Bash Brothers.

There was Murderer's Row, also.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 348)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby Half Massed » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:59 am

The Big Three - Zito, Mulder and Hudson.
Image
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4084
Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Busting ghosts

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:38 am

pokerplaya wrote:The Killer "B's"

Bagwell/Biggio/Berkman?


I believe the Pirates Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonilla were the original Killer B's.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8519
(Past Year: 123)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheOmen » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:50 am

Macho Row-the '93 Phils. Dykstra, Hollins, Kruk, Daulton and Incaviglia.
TheOmen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 519
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Censored

Postby mak1277 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:48 am

Havok1517 wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:The Killer "B's"

Bagwell/Biggio/Berkman?


I believe the Pirates Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonilla were the original Killer B's.


I may be mistaken, but I don't really recall the term "Killer B's" ever being used for Bonds/Bonilla. At least not with to the point that Houston did it.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 4569
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 14 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern Virginia

Postby Camaroballa22 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:13 am

yeah...ill clear all this up.
The original killer bee's were bonds bonilla and Sid Bream from the Pirates. I even this that Van Slyke was a better player than bream, but his name just didnt fit the ryhme scheme!
peace
billy
Its_JUSTIN_UPTON_Time!
Camaroballa22
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 110
Joined: 13 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chicago RedSox » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:20 am

mak1277 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:The Killer "B's"

Bagwell/Biggio/Berkman?


I believe the Pirates Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonilla were the original Killer B's.


I may be mistaken, but I don't really recall the term "Killer B's" ever being used for Bonds/Bonilla. At least not with to the point that Houston did it.


I have a baseball card that says "The Killer B's" with Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonilla on it. I believe it was 88 or 89 Topps.
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1436
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: SanDiego

Postby Camaroballa22 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:26 am

I just read a website that included Jay Bell, Wally Backman, and Belliard to pittsburghs killer bee's.
this must have been from 87-88 until 1990-91.
i know backman was on the 86 mets and bream was on the 91 or 92 braves with that famous slide into home in the world series!
great moment too...this old dude just chuggin and slides in safe.
anyways thats at deep as i go..my brains fried. Let someone else explain it better.
peace
billy
Its_JUSTIN_UPTON_Time!
Camaroballa22
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 110
Joined: 13 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mak1277 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 am

Chicago RedSox wrote:
mak1277 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:The Killer "B's"

Bagwell/Biggio/Berkman?


I believe the Pirates Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonilla were the original Killer B's.


I may be mistaken, but I don't really recall the term "Killer B's" ever being used for Bonds/Bonilla. At least not with to the point that Houston did it.


I have a baseball card that says "The Killer B's" with Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonilla on it. I believe it was 88 or 89 Topps.


I'm surprised I don't remember that. I was 13 and living in Pittsburgh the first year they won the division, so if they had a catchy nickname I'm sure I was all over it.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 4569
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 14 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern Virginia

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact