Rotoworld Updates - Writer? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rotoworld Updates - Writer?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Wed May 16, 2007 4:12 pm

Lets get one thing clear here, he doesn't write much .. He copy and pastes news blurb's and adds a quick comment or lame joke sometimes, thats all. Those of you that think he writes those entire news blurbs better look again.
And questioning somebodies manhood because they don't enjoy another persons sense of humor seems a little stupid IMO. It makes me question their manhood.

Rotoworld used to be my homepage. Not a day would go by that I didn't check the site, even in the winter.
Not only do I no longer read rotoworld regularly, I only check it on a rare occasion, if that.

The bottom line is, it is just one man posting a news blurb and tacking on his brief opinion. I won't even get into how many times that opinion has been wrong.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scotch27 » Wed May 16, 2007 4:32 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
byfrcp wrote:Thats right it's free. Complaining about a free service, yeah that's logical.

So because it's free means no one can say anything bad about it? Yahoo fantasy baseball is free but because people point out what things could be better it has vastly improved over the years. The Cafe is free but they still welcome suggestions and comments to try and improve the site. Maybe in this particular case complaining about jokes isn't helping anything but to make a blanket statement that complaining about anything free is illogical, well, is illogical.

I can understand what people are talking about in having to sift through garbage...take everything that Slomo007 and Teddy Ballgame have to say...that's garbage too...but its really easy to just read right past it, and bypass having to express your negative opinion of them because it really shouldn't affect you... Just as I can predict what the comeback will be to my nonsense reply, at the end of the day I don't think anyone should be able to complain about what is or isn't when something is just given to you...quit crying
scotch27
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed May 16, 2007 4:41 pm

scotch27 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
byfrcp wrote:Thats right it's free. Complaining about a free service, yeah that's logical.

So because it's free means no one can say anything bad about it? Yahoo fantasy baseball is free but because people point out what things could be better it has vastly improved over the years. The Cafe is free but they still welcome suggestions and comments to try and improve the site. Maybe in this particular case complaining about jokes isn't helping anything but to make a blanket statement that complaining about anything free is illogical, well, is illogical.

I can understand what people are talking about in having to sift through garbage...take everything that Slomo007 and Teddy Ballgame have to say...that's garbage too...but its really easy to just read right past it, and bypass having to express your negative opinion of them because it really shouldn't affect you... Just as I can predict what the comeback will be to my nonsense reply, at the end of the day I don't think anyone should be able to complain about what is or isn't when something is just given to you...quit crying

Can you show me where I complained about it? Oh that's right, I didn't. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby zepfan » Wed May 16, 2007 4:46 pm

tgalv wrote:who takes fantasy advice from some random dude writing news blurbs? you guys must be seriously insecure with your sports knowledge and manhood.

I should have mentioned the blurb that I read wasn't actually from Rotoworld. I forget which magazine I bought but it seemed to sacrifice stats/facts for humour. I've also found the same to be true for Fanball. Since then I've kind of taken fantasy baseball advice from "funny" sources with a grain of salt. Just the facts works nicely for me. I don't care if it reads like a dictionary as long as it is helpful. Telling me that a minor league baseball player can't hit a beachball is not helpful.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby redjake » Wed May 16, 2007 5:35 pm

Another good one...

Andrew Miller-S- Tigers May. 16 - 5:28 pm et

Manager Jim Leyland said Wednesday that Andrew Miller will be called up to start Friday in place of Jeremy Bonderman (finger).

If any of you reading this is a cafe member, please pass along our message to slomo007 to throat it.

:-B
redjake
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Wed May 16, 2007 5:39 pm

redjake wrote:Another good one...

Andrew Miller-S- Tigers May. 16 - 5:28 pm et

Manager Jim Leyland said Wednesday that Andrew Miller will be called up to start Friday in place of Jeremy Bonderman (finger).

If any of you reading this is a cafe member, please pass along our message to slomo007 to throat it.

:-B

They forgot to capitalize Cafe. Slackers. ;-7

:-D

I still use Rotoworld and have no problems with the joke here and there. As long as the updates are good like they've been, the info is easy to find, and it's free, I won't complain about someone having a little fun. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby MarkusM » Thu May 24, 2007 3:38 am

Rotoworld wrote:Bengie Molina-C- Giants May. 24 - 1:38 am et
Bengie Molina drove in four runs with a single and a (gasp) triple Wednesday against the Astros.

Short of an appearance of the Loch Ness Monster in McCovey Cove, we're not sure what could have distracted the Astros outfielders long enough to give Molina a triple.

Great line :)
MarkusM
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu May 24, 2007 4:50 am

rotoworld isnt just for updates on players, theres also other valuable stuff..
weekly waiver wire where they talk about valuable players that could be available on waivers.
week that was where they talk about players from the past week.
week ahead where they talk about players for the upcoming week, including 2 start pitchers, top hitters/pitchers parks, caught stealing % as to what players could be good for steals or not, RH/LH batter/pitcher matchups, aswell as injury updates.
and more.

for the news updates. the part in black is the news, and the part in blue is his opinion on that news. you can agree or not agree, i dont really think he cares.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers