Rotoworld Updates - Writer? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rotoworld Updates - Writer?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tgalv » Wed May 16, 2007 2:00 pm

who takes fantasy advice from some random dude writing news blurbs? you guys must be seriously insecure with your sports knowledge and manhood.
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Wed May 16, 2007 2:03 pm

tgalv wrote:who takes fantasy advice from some random dude writing news blurbs? you guys must be seriously insecure with your sports knowledge and manhood.

I use it to get news, not advice, there's a difference. I can't keep up with every aspect every team. Rotoworld does a great job of covering all of the local media outlets for each team. They just mask their good research amidst too much analysis and now jokes sometimes.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed May 16, 2007 2:05 pm

slomo, the wet blanket in our fantasy baseball lives. :-/
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Postby Boyakasha » Wed May 16, 2007 2:18 pm

More importantly, is Tiffany Simons actually hot, or does she just seem hotter because she talks about fantasy sports?
Boyakasha
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby byfrcp » Wed May 16, 2007 3:39 pm

To the people who are complaining about it... I was just wondering how much money it costs you to use the site to get your information?

Thats right it's free. Complaining about a free service, yeah that's logical. Don't use it if you honestly can't "sift" through a one liner to get information.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed May 16, 2007 3:52 pm

byfrcp wrote:Thats right it's free. Complaining about a free service, yeah that's logical.

So because it's free means no one can say anything bad about it? Yahoo fantasy baseball is free but because people point out what things could be better it has vastly improved over the years. The Cafe is free but they still welcome suggestions and comments to try and improve the site. Maybe in this particular case complaining about jokes isn't helping anything but to make a blanket statement that complaining about anything free is illogical, well, is illogical.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby byfrcp » Wed May 16, 2007 4:00 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
byfrcp wrote:Thats right it's free. Complaining about a free service, yeah that's logical.

So because it's free means no one can say anything bad about it? Yahoo fantasy baseball is free but because people point out what things could be better it has vastly improved over the years. The Cafe is free but they still welcome suggestions and comments to try and improve the site. Maybe in this particular case complaining about jokes isn't helping anything but to make a blanket statement that complaining about anything free is illogical, well, is illogical.

There's a huge difference between complaining about something and making suggestions. Saying "The Cafe sucks because the layout is awful", is alot different than saying "I don't really like this layout, maybe you could change it to something more user friendly". I'm all for making suggestions to better something, but complaining about insignificant things does not make anything better.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Wed May 16, 2007 4:03 pm

byfrcp wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

There's a huge difference between complaining about something and making suggestions. Saying "The Cafe sucks because the layout is awful", is alot different than saying "I don't really like this layout, maybe you could change it to something more user friendly". I'm all for making suggestions to better something, but complaining about insignificant things does not make anything better.

Did I not give my exact reasons, and even have someone else agree? It's not like I said Rotoworld sucks now, period.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby MissingOakley » Wed May 16, 2007 4:09 pm

Keep up the good work Rotoworld. I haven't noticed any decline in quality.

And I imagine there's a large silent majority out there who agree with me.
MissingOakley
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby byfrcp » Wed May 16, 2007 4:10 pm

slomo007 wrote:
byfrcp wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

Did I not give my exact reasons, and even have someone else agree? It's not like I said Rotoworld sucks now, period.

You said they "Mask all their good research by having jokes" and it's "Hard to sift through it to find the real info"

They do about 60 blurbs a day for various players and 2 or 3 times a week they throw in a joke. I don't have to do the math to show you that's an awful low percentage. You're complainging about something that really is a non-problem, and there is no reason for it.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers