Marlins - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Marlins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby fbc_fan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:32 am

Yoda wrote:Oakland does it every year with a much larger budget but they ahven't won yet. I know everyone hates Loria but can you blame him for being cheap? No one goes to the games. I wouldn't want to spend money on a team to lose money. Instead I would build it from nothing every few years and spend the money when you have a chance to win the big one. Does that summarize their overall plan?

this is exactly why people don't go to the ballpark in florida. the general population doesn't understand baseball's market, they just see a team being torn down after a ring and are annoyed. i can't really blame them, because its happened twice. plus they don't want to pay for a new stadium with tax dollars, which is a good call on their part.

also, its not really about winning a world series, its about making the playoffs. the a's have been to the post season 5 of the last 7 years on a relatively modest budget. sure, its increased somewhat in the last couple of years, but most teams can't say they've been to the post season that often since the turn of the century. everyone knows the playoffs are a crapshoot anyways. settling a 162 game season in 7 games, c'mon.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers