Jason Schmidt - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jason Schmidt

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:35 pm

I just heard on the Rockies broadcast he was placed on the 15 day DL. I'll edit if I can find confirmation.

Edit: From Rotoworld -

Dodgers placed RHP Jason Schmidt on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to April 16, with shoulder inflammation.

So, either he was lying about the shoulder being sore or he's just gotten so used to pitching with modest soreness that he didn't even notice. "We are going to give it a few days to let it calm down. Hopefully, it's just a short term thing," Dodgers manager Grady Little said. Considering that Schmidt's velocity has been down since the very start of the spring, it seems unlikely that a few days off will do much good. Still, he'll probably be asking to get the ball again in two weeks. In the meantime, Mark Hendrickson figured to take his rotation spot. Apr. 17 - 8:50 pm et
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:05 am

From what I heard on the radio here, Schmidt has bursitis in his shoulder. Schmidt was put on the DL more or less for precautionary purposes. The fact that his fastball wasn't making it out of the 80 MPH range was a big concern and the quality of his outings (or the lack thereof) reflected this, coupled with the sore shoulder. I reckon he'll be OK to come off the DL when eligible.

Hendrickson is probably going to take Schmidt's spot, but Hong-Chih Kuo who's going through rehab and rounding into game shape, could have a say in that.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby GrubNasty » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:20 am

hmmm, bursitis ? would this mean it has a pretty good chance to flare back up after he does come back? i kinda get the feeling this is goign to be happening all year. Or am i just paranoid?
GrubNasty
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby wrveres » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:22 pm

LA Times:
The exam was clean in most respects. There is no structural damage to the shoulder and his elbow is fine. It is a new injury for Schmidt,
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby denicola_dominates » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:51 pm

it appears he is on the disabled list as of now and is to have temporary replacement

According to MLb.com

PHOENIX -- The radar gun said Jason Schmidt was hurt and Monday's MRI confirmed it, inflammation of the shoulder bursa sac putting the Dodgers' pitcher on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday.
Trainer Stan Conte, describing the bursitis as "mild to moderate," said there was no timetable for Schmidt's return.

The club replaced Schmidt on the roster by recalling Chin-hui Tsao for the second time in a week, but manager Grady Little wouldn't commit to naming Mark Hendrickson to replace Schmidt on the mound Thursday in Coors Field, because he wasn't sure he wouldn't need Hendrickson to pitch Wednesday night, Coors Field being Coors Field.
"Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical." -Yogi Berra

denicola_dominates
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Schmidt...will he rebound

Postby muetze » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:14 pm

Will Schmidt rebound and be successful after his DL stint? Is he a viable frontline starter still?
Muetze
muetze
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MentalPowerHouse » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:44 pm

Going to have to watch him closely. He is getting waived in alot of league. If he gets his fastball back into the 90s grab him quick.
MentalPowerHouse
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ivanhack » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:59 am

I have him and I'm very concerned. His velocity is way down. You can't really trade him now because he has very little value.

However, after a good start or two I'll be tempted to try to trade him.

One good thing about him is he's pitching in a pitcher friendly ballpark and the Dodger's bullpen is pretty solid.
ivanhack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:08 pm

if he gets dropped is he worth stashing on the DL you think? (for myers, lincecum or broxton?)
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1943)

Postby ivanhack » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:48 pm

MadDog36 wrote:if he gets dropped is he worth stashing on the DL you think? (for myers, lincecum or broxton?)

maybe for broxton (unless your league counts holds). i don't anticipate broxton becoming la's closer (at least not this year).
ivanhack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates