Iannetta and P/PA - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Iannetta and P/PA

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Iannetta and P/PA

Postby ILoveBush » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:37 pm

First, I was wondering if anyone knew a good site to find pitches per plate appearance stats.

I am in an OPS roto league and I drafted Iannetta, having heard that he had good plate discipline and would draw walks. He is struggling to start the year, but when i get a chance to catch his ABs on stattracker, he seems to work deep into counts.

Anyone have any thoughts on Iannetta and if eventually his high number of P/PA will payoff? Thanks
Dave not George W
ILoveBush
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:21 pm

He has great plate discipline, which is very rare for young players. He does usually work deep into counts, though it hasn't payed of with hits yet - I think that will change over the course of the year, but he'll still go through his slumps because he's a rookie.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:27 pm

ESPN has it.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ILoveBush » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:53 pm

Thanks guys. Do you think Iannetta should be a starter in a 12 team roto league with just one C position, or should I look for another option?
Dave not George W
ILoveBush
College Coach
College Coach

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:59 pm

ILoveBush wrote:Thanks guys. Do you think Iannetta should be a starter in a 12 team roto league with just one C position, or should I look for another option?

Hmm, maybe. Who's your catcher now, and who's on the WW?

BTW, Iannetta worked a 3-1 count with the bases loaded just now but ended up with a sac fly.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:01 pm

I think it's OK but you should have a lot of options on the WW in a league like that. So I'd have a pretty short leash. 75-100 AB.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RenT » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:53 pm

Hey guys, I'm doing ESPN's Baseball Challenge this year. It's pretty fun so far. For those who don't know, you start with 50 points and have to spend those points to fill out a complete roster. Right now I have Greg Zaun locked in at 4.4 points, but could get Ianetta at 3.5. That's a very low salary, and am wondering how you guys think he'll end up doing and if he can keep the job for the whole year.

Points are accumulated from total bases, rbi, r, bb, and sb. I think that's it. It's 1 point for each. So if Ianetta gets an RBI double he'd have 3 points (2 total bases plus RBI).

Any insight is appreciated... I've done FFBall for a while and am trying to get into the baseball side.
RenT
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BobbyRoberto » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:58 am

The Hardball Times stats page also has P/PA.

I'd take the upside of Iannetta over the old guy Zaun.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby tgalv » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:37 am

yeah get rid of zaun

i just dropped iannetta in one league and picked up bard who is batting in the middle of the order and is off to a better start.
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers