CLE Indians - LA Angeles series Moved to Milwaukee - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CLE Indians - LA Angeles series Moved to Milwaukee

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CLE Indians - LA Angeles series Moved to Milwaukee

Postby PBRmeASAP » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:21 pm

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1& ... 7&id=21763 8-o

Yup, that's right. The Indians and Angles will be playing in Miller Park Tuesday thru Thursday. For those of you who don't know Miller Park is a hitters park, there have been quite a few homers in the Brewers first six home games this season. The good news is Indians and Angles owners will be able to start their players with confidence this week. ;-D

I hope the tickets are free, I might just go to a couple of these games this week. I have Sabathia, Vlad, Kendrick and Blake on my fantasy team this year. B-)
PBRmeASAP
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 189
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: CLE Indians - LA Angeles series Moved to Milwaukee

Postby mikhayl » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:24 pm

PBRmeASAP wrote:http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1& ... 7&id=21763 8-o

Yup, that's right. The Indians and Angles will be playing in Miller Park Tuesday thru Thursday. For those of you who don't know Miller Park is a hitters park, there have been quite a few homers in the Brewers first six home games this season. The good news is Indians and Angles owners will be able to start their players with confidence this week. ;-D

I hope the tickets are free, I might just go to a couple of these games this week. I have Sabathia, Vlad, Kendrick and Blake on my fantasy team this year. B-)


Sucks for the real-life owners of the Indians. Or maybe it's just the next step in their dastardly plan to move the team out of Cleveland :-D
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 839
Joined: 9 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:26 pm

Is there a precedent for this? That is kind of wierd. It seems like it would make more sense to find some neutral ground in Florida or Arizona, on an ST diamond, the Disney field they used in the WBC or something like that.

'We have to find another field touching the Great Lakes for Cleveland' as if the fans will sail there? :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

Postby PBRmeASAP » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:26 pm

Speaking of moving the Indians. I think this will be the Indians' first home game in Milwaukee since Major League (filmed at Milwaukee County Stadium). :-D
PBRmeASAP
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 189
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Postby number9 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:32 pm

Wild Thing!!

This is bizzare though, wow.
number9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 446
Joined: 2 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: far far away

Postby Noggy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:43 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:Is there a precedent for this? That is kind of wierd. It seems like it would make more sense to find some neutral ground in Florida or Arizona, on an ST diamond, the Disney field they used in the WBC or something like that.

'We have to find another field touching the Great Lakes for Cleveland' as if the fans will sail there? :-?



Why a neutral site? These are "home" games for the Indians. It makes sense to keep them as close as possible. When a beam fell or something like 4 years ago at Yankee Stadium the Yanks played a home series or two at Shea.

It's better than the Marlins playing "home" games against the Cubs at Wrigley a few years ago.
Noggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 527
Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pangbones » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:47 pm

Not to change the topic too much, but what is going to happen with the Seattle series with Cleveland now? I haven't heard anything on that yet.
Image
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 4337
Joined: 8 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lansing, MI

Postby wrveres » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:47 pm

why not just flip flop the two series?

Play this series in Anaheim. and then play the Anaheim series later in the year at Cleveland.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:48 pm

pangbones wrote:Not to change the topic too much, but what is going to happen with the Seattle series with Cleveland now? I haven't heard anything on that yet.


they are playing that in Toronto, just so it can be close to the great lakes
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby number9 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:50 pm

wrveres wrote:why not just flip flop the two series?

Play this series in Anaheim. and then play the Anaheim series later in the year at Cleveland.


Anaheim ownership probably doesn't want that, messes with their home schedule for attendance and broadcast. Not sure how much the owners want to help eachother, more than ever but they probably still have a decent independent streak where it's every owner for himself.
number9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 446
Joined: 2 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: far far away

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact