Patience, Patience, Patience - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Patience, Patience, Patience

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Patience, Patience, Patience

Postby josebach » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:08 am

Every year, leagues are lost in the first few weeks of the season because owners panic and drop stud players from their roster who get off to a slow start. They then spend the rest of the year regretting it while someone else benefits from their impatience. The season is 162 games long and every single player will have both hot and cold stretches. Considering most leagues start 9 offensive players and at least 7 pitchers, wouldn't it make sense that at least some of your players will start off cold?

Of course veteran fantasy players already know this, but for those new players, this couldn't be more valuable advice. Be the guy that wins the league based on other people's impatience, don't be the guy that loses it because of your own. ;-D
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby markj11 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:38 am

Very true.
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BravesGuy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:39 am

This is also a good time to try and trade for those STUDs that are off to a slow start.
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:41 am

Couldn't agree more. And if you have a player like Xavier Nady who is playing out of his mind right now, think about trying to sell high.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Diggs » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:43 am

I totally agree, and I have not even the smallest urge to even fathom trading either one of them, but:

Alfonso Soriano and Andruw Jones are really, REALLY getting on my last nerve! These two "STUDS" have combined for the following numbers:

51 at bats

.176 avg

4 runs

0 HR

1 RBI

0 SB

:~(
Last edited by Diggs on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
I am a New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Knicks fan. I know misery like few other sports fans know ...
Diggs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BigMusky » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:45 am

well I dropped Phillies Pitcher Patterson for Oliver Perez...maybe it was a panic move but I remember holding onto a guy over Carpenter the year he broke out and it was a costly mistake....so you dont want to just sit on fringe players either.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:32 am

Diggs wrote:I totally agree, and I have not even the smallest urge to even fathom trading either one of them, but:

Alfonso Soriano and Andruw Jones are really, REALLY getting on my last nerve! These two "STUDS" have combined for the following numbers:

51 at bats

.176 avg

4 runs

0 HR

1 RBI

0 SB

It's been a week. If they're getting on your last nerve, you need a new hobby. :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Diggs » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:43 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Diggs wrote:I totally agree, and I have not even the smallest urge to even fathom trading either one of them, but:

51 at bats

.176 avg

4 runs

0 HR

1 RBI

0 SB

It's been a week. If they're getting on your last nerve, you need a new hobby. :-b

Far from true. I'm owning people right now in my roto league because my pitching has been SUPER SOLID (knock on wood), and despite their extremely poor starts, I'm still leading my league in RBI's and 3rd in runs scored. If these two can start playing the way AS and AJ should be performing; my overall lead would be far more then the already comfortable 8pts it is.

THAT is why they are on my last nerve. That coupled with the fact that a lot of the times they have truely faltered, there have been men on base or in scoring position.

And by the way, playing the "righteous card" on a message board is lame. Did you not see that I preceeded the comment by saying, "I agree you need to have patience and that I woulnd't fathom trading either one of them ...."? :-t

HTH.
I am a New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Knicks fan. I know misery like few other sports fans know ...
Diggs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:48 am

Diggs wrote:
And by the way, playing the "righteous card" on a message board is lame. Did you not see that I preceeded the comment by saying, "I agree you need to have patience and that I woulnd't fathom trading either one of them ...."? :-t

HTH.

Calm down big fellow. Did you not see him post the :-b after his post.

:-°
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby George_Foreman » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:51 am

If you don't like it when players go on a cold streak, don't draft streaky players....
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers