Alfo Soriano.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alfo Soriano..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Erboes » Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:13 am

I was talking about Hootie's stats, not yours. Hootie said the opposite of what you are claiming using stats, so whose are right? I'm not anti-stat either by the way, but they do have their limitations. I think fielding is one of them.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:20 am

Erboes wrote:I was talking about Hootie's stats, not yours. Hootie said the opposite of what you are claiming using stats, so whose are right? I'm not anti-stat either by the way, but they do have their limitations. I think fielding is one of them.

ERB You read my posts wrong then. I'm not using my stats, i'm using Loftons stats. GTWMA is saying Lofton was average from 99 on, which he was. I'm talking the early Lofton. If you see my last post, i said in his career Lofton has been AVERAGE in range. I stated he once had great range, roughly a 3 year period, age 25-27 (92-94). At age 31, he fell off the earth. I never slammed Omar either, he was above average in career, just not enough. Lofton might have had a bad arm, but he's done ok with double digit assists 8 times, probably due to teams running on him alot. Lofton from 92-94, was probably the best cf in al, i checked Griffey and Edmonds those years. Career wise he doesn't measure up to those two, but for a period he did.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Erboes » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:46 am

HOOTIE wrote:
Erboes wrote:I was talking about Hootie's stats, not yours. Hootie said the opposite of what you are claiming using stats, so whose are right? I'm not anti-stat either by the way, but they do have their limitations. I think fielding is one of them.

ERB You read my posts wrong then. I'm not using my stats, i'm using Loftons stats. GTWMA is saying Lofton was average from 99 on, which he was. I'm talking the early Lofton. If you see my last post, i said in his career Lofton has been AVERAGE in range. I stated he once had great range, roughly a 3 year period, age 25-27 (92-94). At age 31, he fell off the earth. I never slammed Omar either, he was above average in career, just not enough. Lofton might have had a bad arm, but he's done ok with double digit assists 8 times, probably due to teams running on him alot. Lofton from 92-94, was probably the best cf in al, i checked Griffey and Edmonds those years. Career wise he doesn't measure up to those two, but for a period he did.

Now that could be entirely possible because I was living in Pittsburgh at the time. During that time frame I only got to see him play maybe a dozen times, which isn't enough for me to pass judgement. I stand corrected.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chinch sacs » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:58 am

hehe, what happened to talking about Soriano?
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby chinch sacs » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:59 am

by the way, why cant Soriano hit 9th??? You guys keep saying Boone, but I dont know why he would hit 9th over Soriano...
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:22 am

chinch sacs wrote:by the way, why cant Soriano hit 9th??? You guys keep saying Boone, but I dont know why he would hit 9th over Soriano...

Because whoever hits behind Boone has to buy the beer. :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:00 pm

Soriano can't hit ninth because he's one of my keepers and it would really suck for my team to see him lose 100 or so plate appearances.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:20 pm

Boone bats 9th because he blows. "Swing and a Miss, Low and Away". By far the weakest hitter in the Yankee lineup if everyone is healthy. And also the guy most likely to pull a Jeff Weaver, can't handle NY.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers