Alfo Soriano.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alfo Soriano..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Erboes » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:15 am

Hootie,

Lofton can do those things that you mentioned, but I'm talking about real baseball here. He is a liability in the OF and is pretty much an ass in the clubhouse. Maybe he's mellowed, but there's a reason why he has bounced around so much. They hated that guy in Atlanta, that's why they let him walk. That, and a guy named Andruw.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1433
Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:38 am

Erboes wrote:Hootie,

Lofton can do those things that you mentioned, but I'm talking about real baseball here. He is a liability in the OF and is pretty much an ass in the clubhouse. Maybe he's mellowed, but there's a reason why he has bounced around so much. They hated that guy in Atlanta, that's why they let him walk. That, and a guy named Andruw.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15108
(Past Year: 305)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:40 am

ERB I was talking the Lofton of 97. He could play defense back then. Atlanta had a quiet clubhouse, and they disliked Lofton because he blasted rap in the clubhouse.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15108
(Past Year: 305)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:58 am

David Wells plays Metallica, is hardly Mr. Wonderful in the Yankee Clubhouse and has managed to survive and do quite well. Win ball games and do not get ridiculous about being a pain and minor annoyances are tolerated. Same will apply to Lofton. Lofton will be fine in the clubhouse, IMO. He does not have to be loved and/or respected to Paul O'neill levels (though it would be nice to find someone with that kind of leadership again). Lofton's durbility is the key concern.

A little too much is put on the chemistry aspect of things. The 78 Yanks of Reggie, Munson, Nettles were hardly best of buddies in the clubhouse...many of them despised one another off the field. But they came together on the field. The Yanks clubhouse is generally well under control and will likely remain so unless Torre and George decide to go to war.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:18 am

mightyian5 wrote:soriano wont hit that low. if hes not leading off, itll probably look like
lofton or jeter
giambi
sheff
posada
soriano
williams
matsui
boone

lofton wont sustain the production required to lead off for the yankees so theres also a chance of soriano hitting 2 behind jeter.


If Soriano doesn't lead off, you can take it to the bank that he will hit no higher than 7th.

I would like to see:

Jeter (look up the leadoff numbers)
Bernie
Giambi
Sheffield
Posada
Matsui
Soriano
Boone
Whoever (I hate the Lofton signing)

What I expect to see:

Lofton
Jeter
Giambi
Sheffield
Bernie*
Posada*
Matsui
Soriano
Boone

*Maybe shift Bernie and Posada
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:43 am

TheYanks04 wrote:David Wells plays Metallica, is hardly Mr. Wonderful in the Yankee Clubhouse and has managed to survive and do quite well.


What's wrong with Metallica? :-)

Yes, I have a very diversified CD collection. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Pedantic » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:16 am

Madison wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:David Wells plays Metallica, is hardly Mr. Wonderful in the Yankee Clubhouse and has managed to survive and do quite well.


What's wrong with Metallica? :-)

Yes, I have a very diversified CD collection. ;-)


I don't do CDs anymore. ;-) !+) :-X They're watching me, I know it...
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Postby DieHardCubbie » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:19 am

Pedantic wrote:
Madison wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:David Wells plays Metallica, is hardly Mr. Wonderful in the Yankee Clubhouse and has managed to survive and do quite well.


What's wrong with Metallica? :-)

Yes, I have a very diversified CD collection. ;-)


I don't do CDs anymore. ;-) !+) :-X They're watching me, I know it...


:-? ..you know they have good medicine for that...right.... :-o
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13084
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

Postby Pedantic » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:20 am

DieHardCubbie wrote:
Pedantic wrote:
Madison wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:David Wells plays Metallica, is hardly Mr. Wonderful in the Yankee Clubhouse and has managed to survive and do quite well.


What's wrong with Metallica? :-)

Yes, I have a very diversified CD collection. ;-)


I don't do CDs anymore. ;-) !+) :-X They're watching me, I know it...


:-? ..you know they have good medicine for that...right.... :-o


Oh, you'd better hope so. }:-)

:-b
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Postby DieHardCubbie » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:25 am

Pedantic wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:
Pedantic wrote:
Madison wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:David Wells plays Metallica, is hardly Mr. Wonderful in the Yankee Clubhouse and has managed to survive and do quite well.


What's wrong with Metallica? :-)

Yes, I have a very diversified CD collection. ;-)


I don't do CDs anymore. ;-) !+) :-X They're watching me, I know it...


:-? ..you know they have good medicine for that...right.... :-o


Oh, you'd better hope so. }:-)

:-b


Don't worry about me..I am on the best in the market..... :-b
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13084
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheTrith and 11 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Apr. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(1:05 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Seattle at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Atlanta at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(1:35 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(3:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact