Why do people play fantasy baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why do people play fantasy baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Why do people play fantasy baseball

Postby sublime1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:41 pm

I joined this yahoo league this year because I have played with a few of these guys over the years and thought it would be fun..but there are a few new guys and I really have to laugh at some of the moves that these guys and girls are making
Here are the latest players cut from their rosters in the past 2 days
todd helton
izzy(i picked him up)
figgins(i picked him up) DL
Ramón Hernández DL
Randy Johnson DL
Brad Penny
crede
mussina
kendrick
Eric Gagne
The person cutting most these players is going out there and picking up mets players!!!! Man I cant stand when this happens...why play fantasy sports if all you are going to have on your team is players from the team that you like

Here is my roster

Michael Barrett
Prince Fielder
Robinson Canó
Álex Rodríguez
Miguel Tejada
Jason Bay
Raúl Ibañez
Corey Hart
David Ortiz( trade david wright)
Nick Swisher
Dave Roberts(someone cut him)
Alejandro De Aza
Akinori Iwamura

Pitchers
John Smoltz
John Lackey
Joe Nathan
Chris Ray
Daisuke Matsuzaka
Matt Cain
Derek Lowe
Jason Isringhausen( someone cut him)

DL
Josh Johnson
Chone Figgins(someone cut him)

ok im done venting...I guess the upside of all of this is that im getting some nice players!!!
"Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place."

It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course.
Hank Aaron, American Baseball Player
sublime1
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GradysBaby133 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:52 pm

its yahoo...what do u expect. i hate leagues like that, takes all the fun away. i like trying hard to pry away players from other owners. free leagues = no fun to me anyway. your not playing for anything. have fun with that league
GradysBaby133
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:01 pm

They play that way because they don't know any better. Simple enough. Novice fantasy owners fall prey to it all the time, even if they've been playing for several years; it's just a novice thing to do. I couldn't participate in a league like that -- it'd just bother me.

And GradysBaby133, you need to start reading posts... being a Yahoo league has nothing to do with his leaguemates...

I joined this yahoo league this year because I have played with a few of these guys over the years and thought it would be fun..
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 820)

Postby thedude » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:01 pm

:-b

Some people just don't know anything about sports. I saw a guy take Shaq first overal in a fantasy basketball league.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Postby sublime1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:40 pm

It might not be that they dont know sports but they really just dont know how fantasy sports work

I know I dont know everything thats for sure....heck thats why im in here alot...and getting some great advise I might add
Its just sad to see a perfectly good league go down the drain and the year hasnt even started!!!

It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course.
sublime1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:54 pm

People play fantasy sports because it's fun to manage your own team. Not everyone plays because they want to win money or trash talk with your friends. Not everyone comes to message boards to find the next great pickup or things like that. Sure it's easy for you to criticize their moves but chances are the guys are just playing for fun and really don't know much about the game. Why call them out on it? Everyone starts somewhere.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sublime1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:49 pm

Your right...im sure that they are just having some fun..........just letting off some steam thats all.....
Not mad at any of them or anything like that.. I was just expecting something more on the serious side from this league because of the guys I had already known that were in it
Hey Im having fun picking up their dropps so I guess its a win win situation
Hope you have a great season and thanks for letting vent this fine easter day!!!

sublime1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby enthepassant » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:50 am

Well it is pretty funny having an all Mets lineup. But reason I play F.B. is because it brings more depth to the game and I end up learning more about baseball than by just watching it on TV.
enthepassant
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Joe Mauer » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:20 am

enthepassant wrote:Well it is pretty funny having an all Mets lineup. But reason I play F.B. is because it brings more depth to the game and I end up learning more about baseball than by just watching it on TV.

This is the same as me. Also, if my Twins aren't on TV I can watch another game and usually there are player(s) I am cheering for and against.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 29)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby zevon » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:55 am

Joe Mauer wrote:This is the same as me. Also, if my Twins aren't on TV I can watch another game and usually there are player(s) I am cheering for and against.

Are you talking about the baseball team in Minnesota or the ones in your av? :-b
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers