Dropping out of a Yahoo league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dropping out of a Yahoo league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dropping out of a Yahoo league?

Postby schmidty » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:56 pm

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but thought I'd toss it out here just to be sure:

Once you join a Yahoo Private league, and the season starts, there's no dropping out, right? I'm mean, I know one can just stop playing and going to the league page ... but the team (and its record) is locked in there?

Just wondering. I'm in one league with a few people I played with before, and a few I haven't. And there's starting to be some offensive racial and sexual slurs tossed about the message posts and "smack talk". Nothing witty that I can see ... just stupid and mean-spirited stuff. I suppose for some leagues this is standard practice ... but that kind of trash talking is not for me. I sent a private message to the commissioner (one of the guys I played with before). Guess I'll see what happens now. But if this kind of activity continues, I really don't want to keep playing with these people.

I don't know ... maybe I'm just getting old/conservative/sensitive. But checking in on the league page on Easter Sunday (getting pasted 2-8 BTW), and seeing an obscene tirade posted against me because I wouldn't trade with a guy (my Luis Castillo for his Bartolo Colon). It just makes me angry and sad.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsguy138 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:59 pm

Yeah, you can't drop it. I mean, if you could, that would ruin the whole league and there would be one less team. Wouldn't make sense..
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:08 pm

No need to drop, email yahoo they'll stop letting them post ,make moves and/or lock the roster. Probably delete the offensive posts and warnings from their webhampster.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jbauer2485 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:10 pm

Since you know the commish, maybe you can get him to lock the guy's roster if he doesn't keep his mouth shut. Otherwise I'd just keep playing and ignore it, he's not screaming in your face, you don't have to read anything offensive.
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby ChipperJonesFanatic » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:16 pm

Yeah, I'm in a league right now where people make offensive slur's about my religion (especially since it is Easter now.)

I've learned that they are all just jealous because I have the best team (24 team league with Reyes, Wright, Beltran, Smoltz, Wagner) and they are just trying to get me to quit.

I've learned to just stop replying. They are just words. Let them look like the idiot while you take him the prize ;-D
Member #4 Of "The Official Zack Greinke Fan Club"
ChipperJonesFanatic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby GoodWood » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:39 pm

ChipperJonesFanatic wrote:Yeah, I'm in a league right now where people make offensive slur's about my religion (especially since it is Easter now.)

I've learned that they are all just jealous because I have the best team (24 team league with Reyes, Wright, Beltran, Smoltz, Wagner) and they are just trying to get me to quit.

I've learned to just stop replying. They are just words. Let them look like the idiot while you take him the prize ;-D

why in the world would your fantasy league know your religion? Proselytism?
F#$% the Fremont A's-- Let's Go Oakland!!

(still keepin' those popups unblocked) ;-D
GoodWood
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SweetAurillia » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:51 pm

Nothing truly pisses people like that more than by not replying and you having the last word. After a couple of years playing games on the internet, I've learned that those immature kids just want to get a rise out of you and it ticks them off a lot more if you ignore them.
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ordinarygenius » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:49 am

A 24-team league and you have Reyes, Wright AND Beltran...? 8-o
ordinarygenius
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jfg » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:22 am

Why do you have to read the posts? You could just play the games and ignore the idiots.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby tianyi86 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:44 am

ordinarygenius wrote:A 24-team league and you have Reyes, Wright AND Beltran...? 8-o

Keeper probably.
tianyi86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers