Where goeth Vlad? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where goeth Vlad?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kentx12 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:10 am

In a perfect world AOL would sell the Braves back to Turner and Vlad would end up there. that would give a permanent spot for him with Drew on the dl. In the real world it will be the O's
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bell » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:19 am

Associated Press

Dundret, Sweden – An avalanche in the Alps near Dundret, Sweden has left three baseball players and one Hollywood actor missing.

Sluggers Jason Giambi and Sammy Sosa were shooting another Pepsi commercial in the Alps mountain range near Dundret, Sweden, when Giambi, not fully healed from off-season knee surgery, suffered an undetermined knee injury while climbing the mountain and had to be air evacuated to a hospital in Stockholm. With millions of dollars already committed to the commercial production, Pepsi quickly enlisted highly regarded free agent outfielder Vladimir Guerrero to team up with Sosa to complete the commercial.

Upon hearing of Guerrero’s involvement, Baltimore Orioles officials, desperate to sign Guerrero, hastily dispatched their newly signed shortstop Miguel Tejada in an attempt to lure Guerrero into signing a contract. Shortly after Tejada parachuted into the Alps, it is believed that actor and director Billy Crystal arrived to the set of the commercial. Later that day the entire location of the production was covered by an avalanche.

It is unknown exactly why Crystal appeared, but Don Zimmer and Red Sox president Larry Lucchino claim that Yankees owner George Steinbrenner was behind it.

“He’s diabolical,” said an emotionally distraught Zimmer.

The diabolical Steinbrenner, apparently secretly miffed about the fact that Crystal is a minority share holder of the Arizona Diamondbacks, persuaded the director of 61* to travel to the on-site location of the commercial and attempt to lure Guerrero into wearing pinstripes next season.

Reeling from the box office disaster Analyze That, it is believed that Steinbrenner guaranteed that he would fully fund the production of a second sequel to Analyze This should the Hollywood star find his career in worse shape than it already is.

“I told you he was evil,” said Lucchino. “He didn’t even want Guerrero. He just wanted to get rid of the competition—and Billy. He sent that poor actor on a suicide mission. I thought people were too hard on him when he hosted the Oscars.”

Crystal’s personal assistant was the only person found so far to have survived the avalanche. He claimed that Crystal and the three baseball stars were huddled around a television watching When Harry Met Sally.

“They were watching that famous orgasm scene, you know, the one with Meg Ryan where she gets really loud and screams, and suddenly the ground just started shaking. When I walked out of the tent to see what the noise was a wave of snow just crashed into me.”

No more survivors or bodies have been uncovered from the site of the avalanche.

Steinbrenner, who is recovering from a faint he suffered at a funeral late last week, was unavailable for comment. Baltimore Orioles executive vice president Jim Beattie released a statement saying “Our organization remains hopeful that the rescue crews will be able return those that were a part of the commercial production as safely and quickly as possible.”

When asked by a reporter what could happen to the team if Tejada and Guerrero were not to return, Beattie responded, “How can you ask such a question? I mean, I really really don’t want to see Cordova or Cust get more playing time. Have you seen them? Worst case scenario, I guess we could always sign Aurilia.”

My guess is Baltimore.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:38 am

LMAO..bell....nice find.... ;-D

Hope it is not true.... :-o
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:43 am

lmao ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 744)

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:02 am

Lol. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby rjforlife » Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:13 am

thats great stuff.....vlad can join richie in arizona if he wants :-D

all signs point to baltimore but why then didnt they sign him yet, like they did javy and miggy????

maybe LA or one of those evil NY teams......
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 772)

Postby Erboes » Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:18 am

I created this post because I was getting frustrated with the inactivity in his free agency. Now, finally, there is news. Evidently, Baltimore and Guerrero's agent have been talking and a deal may be signed soon. But then again, we've all heard that before. I don't remember a major free agent being left unsigned for so long.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby trevisc » Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:24 am

kentx12 wrote:In a perfect world AOL would sell the Braves back to Turner and Vlad would end up there. that would give a permanent spot for him with Drew on the dl. In the real world it will be the O's

Amen!

i'll second that one!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby bell » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:18 pm

rjforlife wrote:all signs point to baltimore but why then didnt they sign him yet, like they did javy and miggy????

Some say he's just waiting for other teams to bid in order to drive up his asking price, others say he's stalling because he doesn't even really want to play in Baltimore. Time will tell...
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pkarr5000 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:05 pm

detroit should sign him. he and jason johnson in one week? that would overwelm ever tigers fan
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers