furcal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

furcal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:07 pm

You guys think this is gonna bother him all year? I'm wondering if I should unload him.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NZF » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:13 pm

As long as they don't rush him back I'm sure he'll be fine. May be just as well he takes a few extra days as he'd start a tough series against the Padres. Better to come back on Monday with back to back series away against Arizona and Colorado ;-D
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rainman23 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:48 pm

He played SS yesterday, got on base twice, and stole a base. That sounds like progress.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2007_04_11_inlafa_rcqafa_1
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:28 pm

Yeah but unfortunately he had to leave the game after that because he tweaked his ankle, which brings me back to my original question. Not trying to be a smart-aleck, I'm just saying I hope it's not gonna dog him all year. If he is cut down to about 20 steals this year because of it then he's probably no more valuable than Renteria.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rainman23 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:01 am

BillyHallDisciple wrote:Yeah but unfortunately he had to leave the game after that because he tweaked his ankle, which brings me back to my original question. Not trying to be a smart-aleck, I'm just saying I hope it's not gonna dog him all year. If he is cut down to about 20 steals this year because of it then he's probably no more valuable than Renteria.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering why he came out, but couldn't find any game summaries.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mrbo » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:39 am

Dodgers trainer Stan Conte said that Rafael Furcal is probable to return to the lineup on Friday night.
"We looked at him, and he looked pretty good," Conte said. "But we won't be completely sure what we want to do until (Friday)." Furcal left his rehab start on Wednesday after stiffness in his ankle, but he didn't report any pain.
Source: Los Angeles Daily News
mrbo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rwdiii » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:41 pm

Apr 13 Furcal was activated from the 15-day disabled list on Friday.
Recommendation: Furcal should be in the lineup immediately as the leadoff hitter. Chin-Hui Tsao was optioned to Triple-A to make room for Furcal. Get Furcal in your starting lineups.
rwdiii
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thepawn11 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:30 am

Furcal is looking nice in his first game back 2 doubles 1 run scored and 2 rbis in the sixth inning.
thepawn11 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MissingOakley » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:24 am

Any insight on Furcal's recovery -- is he considered healthy, or is there a fear he'll have an achy ankle all year?
MissingOakley
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Inukchuk » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:41 am

It doesn't look like it's bugging him. He seems to be swiping bags at the same rate (if not more) as last year. Last night, he and Pierre attempted a double steal, but it turned out to be ball 4. I think that everyone seems to be making too big of a deal about it. It's only a sprained ankle, not knee surgery...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates