Hot new names from 03 season - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hot new names from 03 season

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Hawg_Wild03 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:06 pm

woody williams, 18 wins

and again...that pujols guy played reasonably well.....
Hawg_Wild03
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ramble2 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:42 am

Welcome back and thanks!

Good lists so far.

Webb and Blalock are very exciting young players. Loaiza will regress, let others draft him (he'll go too early).

A general trend in baseball last year (perhaps a continuation of a trend) was that of good young pitching. Santana, Beckett, Prior, Harden (wait for it), Willis etc. Very exciting times for baseball, IMO.

Maybe MLB will figure out how to market it! HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH! !+)
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Erboes » Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:25 am

Good point, Ramble. Excellent young pitching is all over the place with more on the way. I don't remember so much coming up at the same time in my lifetime. Why is this? It reminds me of football. A few years ago alls you heard about was the lack of tightends and how they were all playing basketball. Now, they are all over the place. I think the reason for this is that coaches in the high school and college ranks realized that the easiest way for these kids with talent to make the NFL was at TE because of the lack of talent there, so they started to put talented kids there.

The same thing happened with pitchers I believe. Instead of putting these kids with strong arms at SS they started to focus them at pitching. Well, maybe not. It's just a theory.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers