Alex Rios - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Alex Rios

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheOmen » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:03 pm

Justblaze wrote:I drafted Rios in the 8th round. So I'd definitely be picking him up if someone dropped him in one of my other leagues!

Oh, I agree, but our league is only 8 teams. And the problem is we have specific OF positions-LF/CF/RF. Normally it would be a no brainer, but now I have to choose between Rios, Delmon Young and Cuddyer for the RF and Uti spot.

Plus we get only 30 moves for the season. So yes, I picked Rios up, but it's hard to make the pieces fit, especially since Teahen had both 3rd and RF eligibility.
TheOmen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chicago RedSox » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:08 pm

TheOmen wrote:Plus we get only 30 moves for the season. So yes, I picked Rios up, but it's hard to make the pieces fit, especially since Teahen had both 3rd and RF eligibility.

You can always trade Rios to one of the smarter people in your league. I get the feeling most people I play with don't realize how great he was doing last year before that infection thing.

I'm glad I have him on my #1 team.
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby idealFX » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:07 am

i think rios is on the same level, in terms of sleeper-status, as delmon and markakis. im really high on all three, in terms of being those 5-tool fantasy players... rios was never really a sleeper after that spurt last year.

and seriously. do you really have to ask? teahan for rios plz.
"I dont know who the Royals will have in centerfield now that Estebean German took one in the mouth on a fly ball. Probably Kerry Robinson which means that the Royals start with one out every 3 innings."

-Perlick
idealFX
College Coach
College Coach

Postby activechamp2006 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:42 pm

idealFX wrote:i think rios is on the same level, in terms of sleeper-status, as delmon and markakis. im really high on all three, in terms of being those 5-tool fantasy players... rios was never really a sleeper after that spurt last year.

Rios is atleast a tier above Markakis. Not sure about Delmon though, the jurys still out. Rios has proven he can be an all category contributor. Now he just needs to improve on last season, which i believe he will do. Especially now that he's going to be leading off for atleast the next couple months.

I don't see why Rios can't steal 20+ and get 100+ runs. ;-D
Pick him up
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheDooner64 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:50 pm

I LOVE rios. He's in my OF along with Abreu and Damon. Plus I have Delmon Young at UTIL. I love my team.
TheDooner64
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheOmen » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:34 pm

Yes I do have to ask...I have nowhere to play Rios.
TheOmen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates