Kenny Lofton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kenny Lofton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kenny Lofton

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:31 pm

What is everyone's thoughts on him. I don't think he can keep these numbers up but his last two years have been very similar.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pkarr5000 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:34 pm

i like him a lot in 04. i predict a rise in all 5 cats, especially runs
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jonnyblack » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:35 pm

IMO Kenny will break your heart. He may steal 20 bases the first month and then only have 30 the whole season. I like to have him on my team as a bench player, to fill in in times when he gets hot. But he has hurt more than helped when he goes on his 0 for 30 slumps. His BA was up last year, but I can see it being back down around .270 this year. That simply won't due for a guy who may or may not help you in SB's. Of course, if he is still on the board once you have filled your holes, go for him. But the guy is old and it's time for him to retire.
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Postby trevisc » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:40 pm

I agree. in 2002 he had:
21 sbs Pre allstar
8 sbs Post allstar

i'd say if you are going to draft him then trade him while he's hot (before the allstar break)
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby bell » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:48 pm

trevisc wrote:i'd say if you are going to draft him then trade him while he's hot (before the allstar break)

Agreed. I'd be somewhat surprised if he's still a starter come the trading deadline. Draft him and use him as trade bait for someone lacking SB's.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DK » Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:10 pm

If he's leading off for NYY, 100 runs is probably a lock. Unless, of course, he gets traded (which, by George, is always a possibility).
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:15 pm

Batting leadoff for NYY is worth at least 100 runs. I was more concerned about his HR and SB.

BTW - I can't wait for the first time Lofton comes charging in and makes and line out to center into a triple. I just don't get it. Bernie's defense was a concern so they go out and get Kenny Lofton?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Postby mikcou » Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:19 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Batting leadoff for NYY is worth at least 100 runs. I was more concerned about his HR and SB.

BTW - I can't wait for the first time Lofton comes charging in and makes and line out to center into a triple. I just don't get it. Bernie's defense was a concern so they go out and get Kenny Lofton?

lol but Williams knee is getting worse...
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:50 pm

I see an increase in batting average and runs. Probably steals as well.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:58 pm

IF he stays healthy, he posts very nice numbers, esp. considering where you can draft him. Never a major HR guy, but his runs should top 100, 25-30 SBs conservatively, 280+ avg. The only real question is his health and durability.

And as to pre/post AS break sb counts...that is not unusual as players tire out and wear down after a long season...or try not to get themselves needlessly hurt in a meaningless Sept game depending on the race of course. Bottom line is 25+ SBs is 25+Sbs and if you think he will tail off in the second half you, then deal him. From what I saw of him last season, he did quite well the last month of the season, though the sb count did drop. Still hit for a good avg and scored runs...a very nice late round pick, IMO.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers