Help with some roster questions...WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help with some roster questions...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help with some roster questions...WHIR

Postby Pittisit11 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:19 pm

Hey everyone, I'm relatively new to fantasy baseball and my team got sort of messed up when Chone Figgins and Freddy Sanchez got injured. My roster is below. Could you tell me if that is the best lineup possible or should I do some shifting? When Chone Figgins comes back, should I move him to OF or 2B or UTIL? Also, should I stick with Chris B. Young or drop him for Elijah Dukes? I'll try to help people out as well.

C: Kenji Johjima
1B: Ryan Howard
2B: Josh Barfield
3B: Aramis Ramirez
SS: Hanley Ramirez
OF: Carl Crawford, Rocco Baldelli, Josh Willingham
Util: Chris B. Young
BN: Lyle Overbay, Freddy Sanchez, Chone Figgins, B.J. Upton, Hank Blalock, Russell Martin

SP: John Smoltz, Rich Harden, Kelvim Escobar, Scott Kazmir, John Lackey
RP: Salomon Torres, Brad Lidge, Huston Street, Jose Valverde

It is a 10 player league, all players are available. Scoring is rotisserie.
Pittisit11 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pittisit11 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:05 pm

bump
Pittisit11 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Strong08 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:48 pm

Injuries aside, your team looks great. Hell of a pitching staff with your starters, and no stand out but four solid closers that will probably have you in the lead, if not amongst the top in saves. So I'd say your good with your pitching staff.

Moving on to your hitting, It's very solid - very evenly mixed with speed, power, and average. You have a good catcher, Howard will bust out soon and put up big power numbers, as well Aram. Barfield and Hanley will both probably put up 20/20 numbers an a 290+ average.. but Hanley got injured today so that's worrisome for yourself.

Your outfield is pretty good as well - Crawford's a flat out stud, if Rocco's healthy he can steal 20 an hit 25 home runs but that's the thing.. he may not be healthy enough to do that. Willingham got hurt this weekend as well [ Man what a shitty week for the marlins health wise ]. Your bench is pretty good to, overbay will put up a good average an hits in a nice linup, once Sanchez an Chone get healthy they'll put up good numbers. Upton's a young up an comer an has a ton of upside, and Martin is a great catcher as well.

Your team is very good man, keep young an put him in the outfield an then I'd say try and package a closer with a bench player and bring in another bat. The one name that I dunno how I would get him, but if you could get someone like Hafner who could hit in the UTIL spot - I'd say your set. Nice job getting your team.
Strong08
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shoelessjoetara » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:57 pm

Keep Young. Dukes will show that this is just a good start and he will come back down to earth. Your team looks solid .You will be fine.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=268357
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pittisit11 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:08 pm

Thanks for the info and opinions everyone.
Pittisit11 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby chris_dubyuh » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:37 pm

I'll echo the fact that your team is solid all around. It was nice to see Sanchez back to work today as he can provide you with bench depth or as a trade piece.

With Sanchez, Figgins and Upton you've got a very crowded infield (when everyone is healthy again): I'd look to move one of them to possibly upgrade your OF. Willingham can get it done but I don't think he will be very spectacular. You've also got health concerns with Rocco, and Chris B. Young is in fact young and will travel through many ups and downs throughout the season.

I'd try to package one of the three (obviously keep Freddy if Hanley's injury keeps him out for long) with one of your OFs (besides Crawford), to try and bring in a more reliable stick for your OF.

Pitching is good. No gripes, and I love Harden if he can stay healthy (I'll pray for you and me both).

I would keep an eye on Dukes but I wouldn't jump on him just yet.

Thanks for your input.
chris_dubyuh
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team