first keeper league team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

first keeper league team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

first keeper league team

Postby bravelaker » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:00 pm

This is my first keeper league draft and i would like some input on how i did. I get to keep 15 players off this roster let me know what you think my strengths and weaknesses are thx.

c-Mike Piazza
1b-Mike Sweeney
2b-jeff kent
ss-derek jeter
3b-joe crede
of-lance berkman
of-Brian Giles
of-Juan Gonzales
UT-edgar renteria

SP-Roy Halladay
SP-Kerry Wood
SP-Johan Santana
RP-octavio dotel
RP-Braden Lidge
RP-Damaso Marte
P-jose contreras
P-josh towers
P-jeff weaver

Bench:David Ortiz
Bench:Jason Kendall
Bench:Javy Lopez
Bench:julio Lugo
Bench:jeromy Burnitz
Last edited by bravelaker on Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bravelaker
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: first keeper league team

Postby swarmee » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:24 pm

bravelaker wrote:This is my first keeper league draft and i would like some input on how i did. I get to keep 15 players off this roster let me know what you think my strengths and weaknesses are thx.

c-Mike Piazza
1b-Mike Sweeney
2b-jeff kent
ss-derek jeter
3b-joe crede
of-lance berkman
of-Brian Giles
of-Juan Gonzales
UT-edgar renteria

SP-Roy Halladay
SP-Kerry Wood
SP-Johan Santana
RP-octavio dotel
RP-Brad Lidge
RP-tom gordon
P-jose contreras
P-josh towers
P-damaso marte

Bench:David Ortiz
Bench:Jason Kendall
Bench:Javy Lopez
Bench:julio Lugo
Bench:jeff weaver

Well, you need to provide a little more information pertaining to your league's rules, but here's my off-the-cuff analysis (presuming 5x5 or 4x4 roto rules, 12 team).
You did phenomenally, if this is a 12-team league. I'm astounded that you got both Kendall and Javy Lopez on your bench, and you'll definitely be able to trade them once the season starts. You're missing some speed on offense, and one stud innings eater. I love the way you've filled out your infield, and you've got some stud power hitters in your outfield. I would try to trade one catcher for an Ichiro-type, to help with stolen bases and batting average, and then try to send the other to another team for an innings eater. Having both Lidge and Dotel is a strong move, as well.
swarmee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby bravelaker » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:50 pm

thx its 5x5 and its head to head. I have tried to trade one of my catcher and one of my SS's but all the offers and been ridiculous so im just holding on to them until someone comes up with a decent offer. We also are in the process of a minor league draft and i got kaz matsui so im going to be even deeper at short and i dropped tom gordon just now for Jeromy Burnitz to strengthen my outfield hopefully these are good moves.
bravelaker
College Coach
College Coach

Postby swarmee » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:01 pm

bravelaker wrote:thx its 5x5 and its head to head. I have tried to trade one of my catcher and one of my SS's but all the offers and been ridiculous so im just holding on to them until someone comes up with a decent offer. We also are in the process of a minor league draft and i got kaz matsui so im going to be even deeper at short and i dropped tom gordon just now for Jeromy Burnitz to strengthen my outfield hopefully these are good moves.

You got Kazuo (don't call him Kaz according to his ESP...N:TM article) in your minor league draft? What a steal! Don't worry too much about trading now, but once the season starts, definitely pick up the two components I already suggested (innings-eater with good ratios and speedster). If you can make waiver wire pickups, don't worry about trading a 3-for-1 or something to get a great pitcher. You can always fill those bench spots with the waiver wire pickups, anyways.
swarmee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Swinger » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:25 pm

You have a huge amount of catcher talent, and you might want to propose an offer instead of take them. With Kaz Matsui, you might also want to shop around one of your shortstops (Jeter won't fetch his value out there).

Your hitting lineup is quite awesome.. except for Crede. There are lots of 3B sleepers around (Hinske?) and you might want to patch that up.
My main concern is your relief pitching. Lidge won't do much. I would try to get a solid reliever such as Joe Borowski or the like.
I'd also watch the progress of Josh Towers (who I'm not sold on) versus Jeff Weaver (who's in chavez ravine).
You don't really need an "innings-eater".. you've got Halladay.
Swinger
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:00 pm

Not bad at all. Just a couple of things. I agree with Swarmee, a speedster and another innings eater would be good.

How many teams in the league? I would think there's a better option than Crede out there. :-? Then again, with the depth you have, you should be able to make some nice trades to take care of those problems. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mikcou » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:39 pm

I would look into trading Jeter or Renteria for a third basemen...
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:10 am

yeah i have tried to trade so far not asking for allstars the only problem is everyone wants to get more than what they should been trying for about a month no with no success getting offered miller sp for renteria was the last straw for a bit and as for 3rd not much out there gonna have to wait until one of these guys comes to their senses and offers a fair trade :-o

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:28 am

hey guys someone just did something really stupid well in my opinion they just dropped sean burroughs my 3rd base right now is crede and im thinking of picking him up is this a good move in your opinion credes numbers are similar to his not sure which way to go.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Solid

Postby Heavy Lumber » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:08 pm

I would be very happy with your team if I were you. You did an amazing job accumulating a lot of talent. Halladay and Wood will be a solid one-two punch. I like Dotel, however in my opinion, the jury is still out on Johan Santana. You may want to trade for another starter or closer to bolster your staff. I would consider keeping Jeff Weaver. He is in a pitcher friendly park and even though he will not receive a lot of run support, Weaver should approach the 13 win mark at least. Arthur Rhodes may be available in some leagues and will close for the A's this season.

I would be concerned with a few things in your lineup. First of all, you have a lot of injury prone players (Mike Sweeney and Juan Gonzalez). You may want to find a back-up for Sweeney (David Ortiz may be the answer here) and I would release Gonzalez. Take advantage of Javy's big season and trade him for a new 3B. Other than that you have a very good team and should be able to fill it nicely through trades and a couple of decent waiver pick-ups.

;-D
Heavy Lumber
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team