My roster- I'm a 2nd year player in a 5 cat roto league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My roster- I'm a 2nd year player in a 5 cat roto league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby lefty31mazur » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:29 am

I'd claim Richie Weeks...The "Kings" was stupid enough to dump him. Too bad you are 7th on waivers.

Nick Johnson will miss at least 2 months
Josh Johnson wont be back until June
Wang 0.35 strikeouts per inning...not a good guy to carry in a Roto league.
They are wasting space on your roster...if you are going to have a guy do that why not have Clemens instead???

Roger Clemens said Wednesday that he should be ready to make a decision about his future in about a month.
"My arm’s not too far off, my body is not too far off," Clemens said. "My mind’s just not there yet."

Gil Meche?...Greg Maddux, Nate Robertson, and Jeff Francis are better. They look to be the best available SP along with Boof Bonser if he improves...oh and Clemens

Here are Dukes minor league stats...I think he is batting 8th and I doubt he will get many RBI or ever crack a starting job on your roster. You are very strong at OF.
http://thebaseballcube.com/players/D/Elijah-Dukes.shtml

I think Phillips is your starter at 2B
I think I would have a hard time carrying both Hudson and Castillo. I'd be tempted to dump them and I'd put Scott Hairston and those guys on my watchlist if I was still concerned about 2B. Pretty sure the teams in the league would not claim both Hudson and Castillo if you were to drop them.

I agree with the other guy you should add Broxton and Wheeler because you are playing roto. You have a limit of 1250 inniings pitched...while they might not pitch many innings they will be quality. Their combined stats will compare to that of an ace SP and you might get lucky if one of them take on a closer role.

my advice move Josh Johnson to DL, dump Dukes Castillo Hudson Wang and Meche. Claim Weeks, Clemens, Broxton, Wheeler, and one of Greg Maddux/Nate Robertson/Jeff Francis

Looks like you Dumped Nick Johnson for Youkilis...good move.

I'd keep my eye on Garret Anderson because he is much healthier than the last couple years. Milton Bradley is another guy who could play well if he stays healthy.
lefty31mazur
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sean23 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:27 pm

Thanks everyone. This really helps!
sean23 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby lefty31mazur » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:11 pm

Dump Meche for Clemens and put a claim in - Hudson for Weeks

I like Clemens particularly in Roto leagues because you have a limit of innings pitched and it really does not matter as much if he is taking the first 6-7 weeks off as long as he gives you high quality innings towards your 1250 inning total...your pitching numbers will climb once he gets going. In H2H you are taking more of a loss with the guy because he is not contributing to your record early on.
lefty31mazur
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team