PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY TEAM!!!!I'M HURTING - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY TEAM!!!!I'M HURTING

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY TEAM!!!!I'M HURTING

Postby ahopnova » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:47 pm

alright folks, i need a little help with my squad. When I originally drafted my team, it looked solid on paper. Yet with the season underway, I am feeling a little thin, and worried that once the ball really gets rollin that I might be in some trouble. Here is my lineup:

C: Kenji Johjima
1: Morneau
2: Cano
SS: Furcal (DL)- Filled with Khalil Greene
3: Figgins (DL)- Filled with Chad Tracy
OF: Beltran
OF:Manny
OF: Hunter
Util: Frank Thomas
BN: Adam LaRoche

SP: Carlos Zambrano
SP: Bonderman
RP: Lidge
RP: Hoffman
P: Verlander
P: Brad Penny
P: Zumaya
BN: Ian Snell
BN: Jeremy Sowers

Here is were I think I need to improve:
1) Obviously I need to fill in the infield gaps that have been depleted by the injuries. How long is REALLY Figgins on the shelf? How will Furcal be affected? Should I deal LaRoche or Thomas to get someone more substantial to fill in 3rd?

2) I am worried about my lack of depth in the OF. Is Hunter going to put up enough numbers? Should I deal LaRoche or Thomas and maybe one of my pitchers to get another solid OF?

3) Is my relief Pitching too shallow? Is Lidge going to get his head back in the game? Does Zumaya give me the great numbers that I NEED? Should I deal him to try and pick up another closer? Should I use some of the solid pitchers I have to trade for a positional player?

PLEASE HELP AND GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS!!
ahopnova
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby merr1127 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:08 pm

i think you need to hold off and relax, the season is barely a week old you have a good lineup all around with small gaps here and there.. you mentioned hunter and i dont think hell be that great this year but dont deal any of your big guys and keep laroche hes a good 1B
merr1127
College Coach
College Coach

Postby merr1127 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:09 pm

merr1127
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ahopnova » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:34 pm

bump
ahopnova
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ahopnova » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:39 pm

does anyone think I should spin Hunter for another closer, and then pick up Milton Bradley up as FA?
ahopnova
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby fenwaypride1912 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:08 pm

no. hunter is a top 20 OF. bradley is injury and just got off to a good start is all. but u have 2 closers (lidge.....GET WHEELER RITE NOW!) and zumaya. love your strikeouts though. wow. zam, bonderman, snell, lidge, zuamay. wow. and figgins is gonna be back soon. furcal mite be back next week. i however am a little worried about figgins. he had a finger injury and those are tough
fenwaypride1912 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby rockiesfan4ever » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:21 pm

If you're looking fvor K's you might wanna go with Jason Hirsh since he got 8 last night and has some pretty goo dpitches. Alos he hasn't been seen by most teams so they won't know his repitoire
Check out my team: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=267446
rockiesfan4ever
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TEAM MVP » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:34 am

i say just wait and relax. the offense looks pretty good except for the injuries. the only problem i can see myself is the lack of depth of SP pitching. After Z and bonderman, you dont have much to back them up except maybe snell but he was sensational in his first start. just wait, it'll come out soon.
TEAM MVP
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team