The Official Mafia Sign Up Thread - Game 7 sign ups - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Official Mafia Sign Up Thread - Game 7 sign ups

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Official Mafia Sign Up Thread - Game 7 sign ups

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:31 pm

With a bunch of games being played, I'll keep the first post updated with the most current game and what game is looking for players.

Mafia leads 4-2.

Game 7
Mod: J35J
1. Nberan
2. Snakes Gould
3. Darwin1971
4. PokerPlaya
Notes: 9 town/4 mafia/1 doctor/1 investigator
Last edited by teddy ballgame on Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:29 pm, edited 14 times in total.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wake » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:52 pm

Since we've been getting a few of these started recently, maybe we should vary the gameplay some so people don't get tired of it. I like how the light side is playing a different variation of the game so players have a couple of options. Perhaps one of the games on here should have a doctor or be played with 2 mafia families (there are 2 groups of mafia who are trying to kill each other as well as the townspeople).
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:56 pm

That's not a bad idea. I kind of like the sound of the 2 mafia families. How would that work? 2 from each family and 5 townspeople? 3 of each group? Also, what happens if it gets down to 4 people, 2 from each mafia group. Neither side would lynch one of their own so is it a tie? Sounds like it could be a good change though.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BritSox » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:07 pm

I dunno, those setups seem a bit complicated for just a normal, fun game on a site not actually dedicated to mafia.

What do people think of This setup? That adds variation, as you never know whether there's a cop, doc, both or neither in a given game.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:16 pm

BritSox wrote:I dunno, those setups seem a bit complicated for just a normal, fun game on a site not actually dedicated to mafia.

What do people think of This setup? That adds variation, as you never know whether there's a cop, doc, both or neither in a given game.

I'd be up for that. Adding a doctor would be interesting (if that's the one that gets randomly chosen). I'll randomly pick one out of the C9+2 before assigning roles.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ThatDude » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:56 pm

BritSox wrote:I dunno, those setups seem a bit complicated for just a normal, fun game on a site not actually dedicated to mafia.

I never knew this game existed before seeing it here, so I probably shouldn't have been surprised to see so many variations on the game in that link. Yet I was.

I think it would be cool to be a Vigilante. "Killing for good" has a nice ring to it.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bleach168 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:59 pm

ThatDude wrote:

I never knew this game existed before seeing it here, so I probably shouldn't have been surprised to see so many variations on the game in that link. Yet I was.

I think it would be cool to be a Vigilante. "Killing for good" has a nice ring to it.

I've played with cops and doctors but never vigilantes and serial killers. Vigilante does sound cool. You might get a good one and he kills off the mafia or you might get a bad one and he starts offing townspeople so you have to lynch him.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby wake » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:01 pm

I don't really get the serial killer role. Does that mean the only way you can win is to be the last one alive? That seems almost impossible to win.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bleach168 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:05 pm

wake wrote:I don't really get the serial killer role. Does that mean the only way you can win is to be the last one alive? That seems almost impossible to win.

Yeah, hard to win when everyone is against you.

Imagine a game with mafia, a vigilante, and a serial killer. You would have 3 people die per night. The number of players would have to be pretty large and if you were the serial killer, it's you against 12+ people who want you dead.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby ThatDude » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:09 pm

bleach168 wrote:
wake wrote:I don't really get the serial killer role. Does that mean the only way you can win is to be the last one alive? That seems almost impossible to win.

Yeah, hard to win when everyone is against you.

Imagine a game with mafia, a vigilante, and a serial killer. You would have 3 people die per night. The number of players would have to be pretty large and if you were the serial killer, it's you against 12+ people who want you dead.

And you'd have no allegiances to deal with either. You wouldn't have to worry about who you killed, mafia or townfolk are all fair game.

Depending on the disclosure of who killed who, there would be no way of knowing which party is responsible for the bodies the town woke up to every morning, which would be pretty cool too.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk