Replacement Owner Needed for Free Keeper League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Replacement Owner Needed for Free Keeper League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Replacement Owner Needed for Free Keeper League

Postby TownDrunk » Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:30 pm

Greetings folks! I have decided to form a new keeper league. Here's a little bit of info:

It will be a 6x6 league, played over on Yahoo!

You will take over a current MLB roster (Red Sox, Yankees, Astros, and A's excluded) and form that team into a contender! There will be a $300 cap for 40 players on your team. This is a 14 team league, and the reamaining teams that were not chosen, those players will go into a 13 round MLB draft done over a message board. There will also be an 8 round prospect draft. It is a head to head league.

That's just a little bit of info. I'm looking for 13 owners. I do not want anyone under the age of 17, as I want this to be a pretty mature league. Also, you will have to do a little bit of work to help keep the league running smoothly, so don't expect you can coast by doing nothing! This sort of league is very fun if you don't mind a little work; it's the closest thing we armchair GM's can come to running our own team! If you're interested in this league, please reply to this thread. I will then email you our league site and you can look over the rest of the rules. Also, please post up what team you would like to take over.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and Season's Greetings!

Cheers!
Last edited by TownDrunk on Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

joining league

Postby belfastcubbear » Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:36 pm

i would like to join your league.i would like the chicago cubs if their not taken.name ton reilly e mail mailto:belfastcubbear@aol.com
belfastcubbear

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby TownDrunk » Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:19 pm

The Cubs are not taken. Take a look at the website and tell me if you're still interested: http://www.geocities.com/mlbffocus
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:32 pm

6x6, what are the other two catergories. I'm not in, but i am wondering. i might guess OPS and K/W?
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby TownDrunk » Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:53 pm

Hitters:
BA
RBI
OPS
Runs
HR's
SB's

Pitchers:
K's
WHIP
SV's
Holds
Wins
ERA
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter

Postby TownDrunk » Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:02 pm

Still lots of opening folks, and it's free! Come on now, don't be shy ;-)
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter

Postby RMcF » Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:32 pm

I come from the Sporting News Ultimate and Draft & Trade games so this format is new to me but I'm looking for a keeper league and think this sounds fun. I'd need to learn more about how this game works and I'd be happy to help with refining the rules. Since I'm a Seattle guy, I'd opt to stick with my homies and take the Mariners. Consider me interested!
RMcF

Few Qestions

Postby Ballwreckers » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:15 pm

Fiest off, are the 4 teams that you can not take already taken or are you saving those teams for the draft?

I am interested and I will take the Cards.

Also, are we drafting the whole roster for the club, are or we going like 15 players?
Ballwreckers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RMcF » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:39 pm

I come from the Sporting News Ultimate and Draft & Trade games so this format is new to me but I'm looking for a keeper league and think this sounds fun. I'd need to learn more about how this game works and I'd be happy to help with refining the rules. Since I'm a Seattle guy, I'd opt to stick with my homies and take the Mariners. Consider me interested!
RMcF

Postby TownDrunk » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:55 pm

Ballwreckers,

Those teams are not allowed to be chosen due to competitive reasons. Obviously someone who decides to pick one of those teams will have an edge over the the rest of us.

You will take over the full, current roster of that team. You will then be forced to make a cut down to 10 or 15 players. The remaining teams that were not chosen, those players will go into a 13 round draft.

You have the Cards if you want them. Feel free to email me if you have anymore questions.

So far the Marlins, Mariners, and Cards are taken. The Cubs as well if that guy ever gets back to me. Still plenty of good teams left, just post if you're interested!
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter

Next

Return to Classifieds