The OFFICIAL Zack Greinke fan club - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The OFFICIAL Zack Greinke fan club

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Re:

Postby JMB05 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:20 pm

J35J wrote:
JMB05 wrote:
J35J wrote:He'll never be good for a whole year, I just can't see it. He has so much going on mentally that he won't ever be consistant. He's even said he would rather be in the bullpen so that it gives him something to do on more days. He's always wanted to play everyday and has never really liked pitching. The guy just doesn't "care" enough to be good for any consistant, lengthy period. To be honest I think he will probably be twice the pitcher coming out of the pen than he is in the rotation......at least on a consistant basis.

I love you J35J, and I know your are our KC guy but you gotta admit...

Bahhh, sooo much has changed since '06-'07 that its almost like we aren't talking about the same guy. Not only the mental aspect but his "stuff" and how he is going about pitching has changed and is all much better.

3rd post down, 2nd page....this is a quick explanation I had before the season started.

You have been a major proponent of Zach this year, no question, I was just commenting on a post from a few years back where it looked as if we had come to the end of Greinke's career in baseball.
JMB05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby californiasunshine » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:41 am

mweir145 wrote:
J35J wrote:He'll never be good for a whole year, I just can't see it. He has so much going on mentally that he won't ever be consistant.

I'm still a bit scared of this possibility (losing his focus), but he looks great so far.

He literally has a medically zero percent chance of getting the anxiety order he had before again, medically it's just not possible.....
californiasunshine
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mweir145 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:21 am

californiasunshine wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
J35J wrote:He'll never be good for a whole year, I just can't see it. He has so much going on mentally that he won't ever be consistant.

I'm still a bit scared of this possibility (losing his focus), but he looks great so far.

He literally has a medically zero percent chance of getting the anxiety order he had before again, medically it's just not possible.....

Good, but I wasn't saying that was going to happen again.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby rookies and cream » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:48 am

mweir145 wrote:

??? What do you mean by this?
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 44)

Postby californiasunshine » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:50 pm

rookies and cream wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I'm still a bit scared of this possibility (losing his focus), but he looks great so far.

The anxiety order he was diagnosed with only affects a certain age group and only affects you once, I guess it's kinda like the Chicken pox, plus I think he's already passed the age group it affects but I'm not a 100% sure on that part.
californiasunshine
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rookies and cream » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:33 pm

rookies and cream wrote:

The anxiety order he was diagnosed with only affects a certain age group and only affects you once, I guess it's kinda like the Chicken pox, plus I think he's already passed the age group it affects but I'm not a 100% sure on that part.

1) What's an "anxiety order"?
2) Do you even know what you're talking about?
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby nolanwood » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:44 pm

californiasunshine wrote:The anxiety order he was diagnosed with only affects a certain age group and only affects you once, I guess it's kinda like the Chicken pox, plus I think he's already passed the age group it affects but I'm not a 100% sure on that part.

This is nonsense.
nolanwood
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: The OFFICIAL Zack Greinke fan club

Postby mac-unit » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:47 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't he have social anxiety disorder. That affects all age groups.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 11)

Postby mdgoalie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:55 pm

nolanwood wrote:
californiasunshine wrote:The anxiety order he was diagnosed with only affects a certain age group and only affects you once, I guess it's kinda like the Chicken pox, plus I think he's already passed the age group it affects but I'm not a 100% sure on that part.

This is nonsense.

seconded
mdgoalie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: The OFFICIAL Zack Greinke fan club

Postby rookies and cream » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:06 pm

mac-unit wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but didn't he have social anxiety disorder. That affects all age groups.

And it has a 20% relapse rate. Zack seems to have it under control though...
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers