Are you nervous about the Oakland starters??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Are you nervous about the Oakland starters???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:20 pm

Erboes wrote:I think everyone fretting about Oakland's offense is wasting time. They weren't very good last season with the bats and their pitchers won plenty of games. I think Chavez will have a monster season and they have enough bats elsewhere to equal last season's numbers. That is, of course, only my humble opinion.
I agree they didn't score a ton last year but finished in the middle of the pack. There are no where near as bad as L.A./Detroit.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:01 pm

Erboes wrote:I think everyone fretting about Oakland's offense is wasting time. They weren't very good last season with the bats and their pitchers won plenty of games. I think Chavez will have a monster season and they have enough bats elsewhere to equal last season's numbers. That is, of course, only my humble opinion.

I've got concerns about them scoring runs. They lost Tejada and Hernandez and gotten zip in return. Runs will be hard to come by and Chavez can be pitched around unless they get a bat or two.

Trans makes a good point about losing the pitching coach, and let's not forget that they've lost their catcher as well.

I still think that the big 3 will be good for era/whip/k's, but there are a lot of negatives surrounding them right now.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby MRT19167 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:16 pm

I'd take all 3 in a hearbeat. They will win 3-1 instead of 5-1. the hitting will be good enough for them.
MRT19167

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:33 am

eftda wrote:His team lacked run support last year, and now they added a whole new outfield ;-D

Yeah, well the Rangers will add several new starters. That doesn't mean that they will actually be good. 8-o

I still don't see a bat in Oakland except for Chavez. They need to get him someone to knock in and someone to protect him. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby pkarr5000 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:08 pm

what about durazo. hes slower than oprah winfrey but he was one of the leaders in walks. the point is, no matter what, men will be on base. we just need protection.
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby trevisc » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:12 pm

pkarr5000 wrote:what about durazo. hes slower than oprah winfrey

LOL ROFL!! :-b
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker