Are you nervous about the Oakland starters??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Are you nervous about the Oakland starters???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: no

Postby Madison » Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:03 am

Pedantic wrote:
gypsyspot wrote:I wouldn't worry. Worrying causes stress and stress causes brain anerysims.

Not to mention ulcers! :-D

So that's why my head always hurts. :-S Lol. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MikeeDee » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:26 pm

I wouldn't bump them down. Is anyone bumping down Wood and Prior over Cubs offense, which likely won't be much better?

Hootie, i usually agree with you, but the Cubs have Sosa, Lee, Ramirez, Walker and Alou. Not the best lineup, but good enough to be in the top ten in their league. the A's have Chavez and a whole lotta nothing, if it weren't for the Indians and the Tigers they very well could be the worst in Runs in the league in 2004.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pedantic » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:34 pm

MikeeDee wrote:
I wouldn't bump them down. Is anyone bumping down Wood and Prior over Cubs offense, which likely won't be much better?

Hootie, i usually agree with you, but the Cubs have Sosa, Lee, Ramirez, Walker and Alou. Not the best lineup, but good enough to be in the top ten in their league. the A's have Chavez and a whole lotta nothing, if it weren't for the Indians and the Tigers they very well could be the worst in Runs in the league in 2004.

With that lineup, the Cubs won't need anything to keep cool over the summer with all the fans they'll have going. :-D
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby pkarr5000 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:51 pm

MikeeDee wrote:
the A's have Chavez and a whole lotta nothing, if it weren't for the Indians and the Tigers they very well could be the worst in Runs in the league in 2004.

if getting on base and wearing out opposing pitchers, hence their obp %, and allowed, even including free swingers such as tejada who led the a's in at bats, is "a whole lotta nothing" then I have another reason to believe the cubs wont even have a chance against any other serious playoff team
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:21 pm

MIKE Probably true. The Cubs will score more. But run support is alot luck, and i wouldn't bump a extremely talented sp down for it. Hudson got a full run more then Zito and Mulder. Mike Maroth ranked a astonishing 33rd in support. I guess what i'm saying, it's very possible any of Oaklands top 3 could get just as much support as the Cubs big guys.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby mikcou » Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:21 pm

MikeeDee wrote:

I agree with you the Cubs have a better offense than the A's right now and will probably put up more runs than the A's.
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:07 pm

Something that hasn't been mentioned: The A's lost their pitching coach, who was instrumental in their biomechanics program. Do you think the pitchers might not be managed as well?
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:33 pm

only thing i'm worried about is the offense getting them wins. They'll still post good ERAs and WHIPs and Ks
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby rolledupace » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:50 pm

[quote="Sox FANatic001"]only thing i'm worried about is the offense getting them wins. They'll still post good ERAs and WHIPs and Ks[/quote]

I'm in 100% agreement. W/L is only one category. You can't take an average starter on a good offensive team over an ace with a weak hitting lineup.
rolledupace
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Erboes » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:38 pm

I think everyone fretting about Oakland's offense is wasting time. They weren't very good last season with the bats and their pitchers won plenty of games. I think Chavez will have a monster season and they have enough bats elsewhere to equal last season's numbers. That is, of course, only my humble opinion.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers