Jose Reyes - Most exciting player of all time? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose Reyes - Most exciting player of all time?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:59 pm

Kahlil Greene is the most exciting player to watch.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Rook » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:11 pm

Ok i admit The fantasy should haver nothing to do with most exciting player that was stupid of me to say. But to say that he plays horrible defense you must be hitting the pipe.[/quote]
The Rook Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wrveres » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:47 pm

Reyes just led off the game with a triple. Damn that was exciting.

we should start a thread listing all the players that have gotten a triple. I bet it is not that many.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:20 pm

Another triple. :)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ChipperJonesFanatic » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:52 pm

theultimate69 wrote:
ChipperJonesFanatic wrote:Jose Reyes wouldn't come across anybodies mind because he plays horrible defense.

Wtf are you talking about... :-?

Maybe horrible wasn't the word, but he definately plays below average defense. 17 errors last year? :-o

Maybe if you read the entire thread, you would see why people say he doesn't play good defense.
Member #4 Of "The Official Zack Greinke Fan Club"
ChipperJonesFanatic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby Fantasy Guru » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:14 pm

The Rook wrote:What makes Reyes different the Pujols or Bonds is that we have seen great hitters come through through baseball. Every era has had a guy who could hit bombs, and a guy who can steal bases, and a guy who hit for average, or a great deender. Jose Reyes could possibly be the Absolute perfect player. The potential to be at the top of nearly every statitistical category including the gold glove. Pujols,Bonds yeah amazing hitters, but complete players i don;t know. If you arn't watching reyes then i suggest you pay attention because if he stays healthy he will be legend. Or maybe i'm just a bias met fan

Are you talking about Grady Sizemore?

I just thought he was average before and during last seaon, but he's creeping up on becoming the best player in baseball.

Power, speed, a good eye, and good defense.

I don't think this season is just a hot start, I see him, Pujols, and Miguel Cabrera vying for a 1st overall pick next season.
ImageYeah.. this "fantasy guru" thing is just a user name, folks.
Fantasy Guru
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fantasy Guru » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:27 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:. If we're talking about who's going to be the better player it's really not an argument. Look at Jose Reye's protection. Even if he was to hit 250 he's still going to get 100+runs with 50+sbs. I mean come on now, look at who's hitting behind him. Hanley on the other hand, it seems as though he's going to have to do everything on his own. Besides Mcab Hanley has no help. Good luck with that one buddy ;-D

Because Reyes has protection, and Hanley doesn't, are you arguing Hanley is better because Reyes will get his stats handed to him? I'm not sure the point you are trying to make.

If one puts up better stats and it's only because of the difference in lineup, how is one better than the other?
ImageYeah.. this "fantasy guru" thing is just a user name, folks.
Fantasy Guru
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby *pickles* » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:55 pm

So nobody here ever saw Eric Davis play?

Pete Rose: "Having Eric Davis in the dugout with you is like sitting next to a keg of dynamite."

First full season stole 80 bases to go along with 27 bombs and gold glove center field defense. Next season he went 37 bombs, 50 steals and gold glove center field defense.

Eric Davis in his prime was easily the most exciting player I've ever seen.
*pickles*
T-Ball Trainer

Postby sportsaddict » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:06 pm

ChipperJonesFanatic wrote:
theultimate69 wrote:
ChipperJonesFanatic wrote:Jose Reyes wouldn't come across anybodies mind because he plays horrible defense.

Wtf are you talking about... :-?

Maybe horrible wasn't the word, but he definately plays below average defense. 17 errors last year? :-o

Maybe if you read the entire thread, you would see why people say he doesn't play good defense.

Stats don't tell the story all the time. I think Reyes is a solid fielder, with the potential to make mistakes but to also make tremendous plays at time. His arm is as strong as anyones and he has incredible range.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:14 pm

Like Wright, a majority of Reyes' errors last season were throws to first that sailed. This is correctable. He still has to go out and get it done but I think he has the package to be a great fielder. We'll see.

Reyes hit two triples tonight. One from each side of the plate. :)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers