Jose Reyes - Most exciting player of all time? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose Reyes - Most exciting player of all time?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Krunk City King$ » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:16 am

;-D

yes he is.....because he is on my team!

:-D
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheDocIsIn » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:20 pm

Jose Reyes is easily the most exciting player IMO.
TheDocIsIn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TB13 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:52 pm

He is exciting, but of ALL time? That I would doubt. I recall watching Rickey Henderson in his Oakland heydays, and as exciting as Reyes is, he is no Rickey.

From a historical point of reference, he does not belong with the all-time greats when it comes to excitement. Ruth, Cobb, Jackie Robinson....those are ALL-TME great, exciting players. The article surely cannot be already lumping him in with people like that.

During this generation, he still has a ways to go before he can even be compared to the likes of Henderson or Raines.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Coppermine » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:21 pm

What would you categorize as exciting? I know a lot of people are hyping Reyes up as the most exciting player in the game, but, I mean I'd be more excited to see Ted Williams hit .400 or The Babe hit his called shot.

I could concede he's the most exciting in baseball now; he's young and full of energy, seems to show a positive attitude on the field, and the kid can run like hell and hit the ball out of the park. If that's not exciting, i don't know what is and seeing him hit 2 triples last night was a treat.

Most exciting all time though? That's a stretch. He's exciting now because he represents a future generation of great ball players, but it's not just him... he's just leading the way.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Krunk City King$ » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:55 am

Braves annoncers said that when Ricky Henderson never drove in over 75 (I believe) rbi during his career. Reyes drove in 81 last year.

Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:04 pm

Krunk City King$ wrote:Braves annoncers said that when Ricky Henderson never drove in over 75 (I believe) rbi during his career. Reyes drove in 81 last year.

So what? RBI is more team dependent than anything else. It's clear that Mets have one of the best offenses (if not the best )in MLB nowadays.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tavish » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:35 pm

Krunk City King$ wrote:Braves annoncers said that when Ricky Henderson never drove in over 75 (I believe) rbi during his career. Reyes drove in 81 last year.

Rickey also never had more than 180 hits in a season, something Reyes has done the past two seasons. Reyes is clearly better than Rickey.

Ruth never had more than 17 SB and 16 Triples in a season. Reyes demolished that SB mark and had 17 triples in each of the last two seasons. Reyes is clearly more exciting than Ruth ever was.

Amazinz wrote:Like Wright, a majority of Reyes' errors last season were throws to first that sailed. This is correctable. He still has to go out and get it done but I think he has the package to be a great fielder. We'll see.

I hope he never fixes the problem. Wondering if he will sail the next throw into the third row just adds to the excitement of each play. Its sort of like watching Canseco catch a fly ball or Knoblauch make the throw from second. You never know what might happen, and that is pure excitement. ;-)

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Amazinz » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:41 pm

Well when you put it that way, Mackey Sasser is clearly the most exciting Met ever (at least during my time). :)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:43 pm

As far as Mets go, I think Nails was far more exciting than Reyes. Right now Beltran.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:46 pm

Dykstra was my favorite player growing up. What Mets fan my age didn't have the "Nails" poster hanging above the bed (next to Bo Derek btw). He was a great character too. The opposing team complaining because his chew spit littered the outfield? Classic stuff. Still I have to give the nod to Reyes. :-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers